This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

GoogleChrome Virus Rybeleskz.exe *32 [Closed]

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello GotGeetar, welcome to WhatTheTech's Malware Removal forum!
 
My username is LiquidTension, but you can call me Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that.  :)
 
======================================================
 
Please read through the points below to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.

  • Please ensure you read through my instructions thoroughly, and carry out each step in the order specified.
  • Please do not post logs using the CODE, QUOTE or ATTACHMENT format. Logs should be posted directly in plain text. If you receive an error whilst posting, please break the log in half and use multiple posts.
  • Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in ascertaining the current situation and providing the best set of instructions for you.
  • Please backup important files before proceeding with my instructions. Malware removal can be unpredictable.  
  • If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before proceeding.
  • Topics are locked if no response is made after 4 days. Please inform me if you require additional time to complete my instructions.
  • Ensure you are following this topic. Click [external image: etYzdbu.png] at the top of the page. 
     

======================================================

 

Unfortunately, due to the nature of several infections present, I must issue the following warning. 

Please have a read, and let me know how you wish to proceed. 

 

 

[external image: goGMWSt.gif]BACKDOOR WARNING

 
——————————
 
One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor, that allows attackers to remotely control your computer, download/execute files and steal critical system, financial and personal information.
 
If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data, using a non-infected computer/device you should immediately change all account information (including those used for banking, Email, eBay, Paypal, online forums, etc).
 
Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach. Please read the following article for more information: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
 
Whilst the identified infection(s) can be removed, there is no way to guarantee the trustworthiness of your computer unless you reformat your Hard Drive and reinstall your Operating System. This is due to the nature of the infection, which allows a remote attacker to make any number of modifications. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to reformat/reinstall. Please read the following articles for more information.

  • When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?
  • Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?
  • Where to draw the line? When to recommend a format and reinstall?

You now have the choice between cleaning the infection(s) present or reformatting your computer. Ultimately, the decision is personal, and what you're most comfortable please. Have a read of the articles linked, then let me know how you wish to proceed, and if you have any questions.

Hi Adam, My mane is Jeff. I appreciate the information concerning the "Backdoor" virus. Fortunately, this computer is not used for many critical things, although we have used it for various online transactions. I have a few questions to ask you before I decide to either clean or format.

 

  • If we do clean the computer as is, is there a way I can monitor the computer to see if anything comes up with the backdoor virus?
  • Is there any risk to other computer within the same network?
  • If I do format, and backup files from this computer, will there be any risk with the backed up files?
  • Is there a specific procedure with reformatting to ensure there is no risk of being re-infected?

Thank you for your assistance!!

Hi Jeff, 
 
You don't have a virus. A virus is a form of malware capable of autonomously spreading by infecting legitimate files, either by appending, prepending or cavity injecting malicious code into the file. You're infected with ZeroAccess and Zbot (amongst other malware); both of which are considered Backdoor Trojans, with ZeroAccess also being considered a user-mode rootkit. 
 
Zbot in particular targets banking information such as passwords and other login details. 
 

If we do clean the computer as is, is there a way I can monitor the computer to see if anything comes up with the backdoor virus?

You can monitor the computer for strange behaviour. Likewise, you can monitor your accounts, etc. 
But there's no actual indication. Furthermore, strange behaviour that you notice may not be attributed to malware at all.
 
Bottom line is - if you want to be certain your computer is clean, starting from scratch is the only way.  
 

Is there any risk to other computer within the same network?

Impossible to say for certain, but it's very unlikely. There would be risk if any form of worm was involved, but I see no evidence of this being the case. 
 
You may wish to reset your router to be on the safe side - I can provide instructions if you like. 
 

If I do format, and backup files from this computer, will there be any risk with the backed up files?

I can provide instructions on how to safely backup your data. 
 

Is there a specific procedure with reformatting to ensure there is no risk of being re-infected?

You have a recovery partition: 
Partition 1: (Not Active) - (Size=39 MB) - (Type=DE)
 
Using this will restore your computer to how it was when the machine was first switched on. 
 
There are alternative methods, but this is the simplest, and will achieve the same result.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI