Hello PatLibrary, welcome to WhatTheTech's Malware Removal forum!
My username is LiquidTension, but you can call me Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that.
Please read through the points below to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Please ensure you read through my instructions thoroughly, and carry out each step in the order specified.
- Please do not post logs using the CODE, QUOTE or ATTACHMENT format. Logs should be posted directly in plain text. If you receive an error whilst posting, please break the log in half and use multiple posts.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in ascertaining the current situation and providing the best set of instructions for you.
- Please backup important files before proceeding with my instructions. Malware removal can be unpredictable.
- If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before proceeding.
- Topics are locked if no response is made after 4 days. Please inform me if you require additional time to complete my instructions.
- Ensure you are following this topic. Click at the top of the page.
I am computer illiterate and have had some help from family in getting this far.
No problem at all. If there's anything you're unsure of, please be sure to ask.
- Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free.
- Double-click Revo Uninstaller to run the programme.
- From the list of programmes, locate the following, or anything similar and carry out the steps below one at a time.
- Driver Support
- Driver Support Active Optimization
- Double-click the programme.
- When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes.
- Ensure the Moderate option is selected and click Next.
- The programme uninstaller will run. If prompted again click Yes.
- Work your way through the uninstaller, ensuring you read each page thoroughly.
- Note: Ensure you decline offers of additional software if applicable.
- Once the built-in uninstaller is finished click Next.
- Once the programme has searched for leftovers click Next.
- Check items in bold only in the list and click Delete. You may have to expand folders by clicking the "+" mark.
- When prompted click Yes, followed by Next.
- Click Select all, followed by Delete.
- When prompted click Yes, followed by Next.
- Once done click Finish.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Script
NOTICE: This script is intended for use on this particular machine. Do not use this script on any other machine; doing so may cause damage to your Operating System.
- Right-Click FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
- Click Fix.
- A log (Fixlog.txt) will open on your desktop. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
- Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
- Right-Click AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
- Follow the prompts.
- Click Scan.
- Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate.
- Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark, and click Clean.
- Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
- After rebooting, a log (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
-- File and registry key backups are made for anything removed using this tool. Should a legitimate entry be removed (otherwise known as a 'false-positive'), simple steps can be taken to restore the entry. Please do not overly concern yourself with the contents of AdwCleaner[R0].txt.
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT)
- Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save the file to your Desktop.
- Note: If you unchecked any items in AdwCleaner, please backup the associated folders/files before running JRT.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus software. For instructions, please refer to the following link.
- Right-Click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
- Follow the prompts and allow the scan to run uninterrupted.
- Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.
- Re-enable your anti-virus software.
- Copy the contents of JRT.txt and paste in your next reply.
In your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.
- Did the programmes uninstall OK?