Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Page popup, redirecting and while surfing steady ad popups. [Solved]

Dealin redirect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#61 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts
  • Interests:LFC, music, more LFC, more music

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:09 AM

I believe Kaspersky's Safe Money has a problem with Chrome.

What does the prompt say?

NINA - Proud graduate of the WTT Classroom

Member of UNITE

The help you receive here is free but if you feel I have helped, you may consider making a Donation.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#62 Pacer

Pacer

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

Disregard previous message. The download has gone thru. Reinstalled bookmarks, been surfing for a while

without any problems. Any suggestions on what I can run in tandem with Kaspersky's.

#63 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:36 AM

Well done for persevering.

It would appear that there was nothing too sinister on your computer, just the usual problem that consistently happens with Chrome, (beats me why people use it).

Now that you’re free from malware, as long as your computer seems to be running well, please follow these simple steps to tidy up you computer and decrease the likelihood of getting infected again:

Uninstall AdwCleaner

• double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool
  • click on Uninstall
  • confirm with Yes.

===================================================

Uninstall Combofix

Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix

• click START then RUN
  • now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox and click OK.

Note the space between the X and the /, it needs to be there.

CFuninstall.jpg

• please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
  • once it's finished uninstalling itself you will receive a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully.

Download & run Delfix

• download Delfix from here to remove the other tools we've used during the cleaning process.
  • ensure “Remove disinfection tools” is checked.

Also place a checkmark next to:

o    Create registry backup
o    Purge system restore

• click the Run button.

You can delete all other logs and programs we’ve used that are on your desktop. Just click on them and press Delete.

Update installed programs

Your versions of Java and Adobe Reader are out-of-date and need to be removed and updated, plus there is an old version of Flash Player which should also be removed. Having the latest updates and removing old versions ensures there are no security vulnerabilities in your system.

To remove them:

• click Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features.
  • click on each of these programs, one at a time, name and then on Uninstall:

Java™ 6 Update 32  
Java 7 Update 45

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

NEXT

Install the latest version of Java:

Java

NOTE – when you install Java, before clicking on Install, be sure to Uncheck “Install the Ask Toolbar and make Ask my default search provider”

Java.gif

Even though I just had you get the latest version of Java, there is a vulnerability with regards to Java and web browsers. Therefore, we recommend to disable java in web browsers.

More information can be found here.

Recommendations

Any suggestions on what I can run in tandem with Kaspersky's.

You pretty much have what you need but one thing you must remember is not to have two antiviruses on your computer.

Read Why Using Multiple Antivirus Programs is a Dangerous & Bad Idea.

==========================

Update and run Malwarebytes. This really is an excellent program that you should also update and run on a regular basis, probably weekly.

It’s important to keep programs up to date so that malware doesn't exploit any old security flaws.

FileHippo Update Checker is an extremely helpful program that will tell you which of your programs need to be updated.

MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.

A couple of links with information here and here which can answer any questions you might have about installing/using it.

Unchecky

Be careful when downloading free software. Many free programs come bundled with adware, many of which cause redirects/popups and verge on being malware. There is a program that automatically “unckecks” the boxes you may not notice when downloading programs.

Download and install Unchecky .

I also recommend that you read the following:

How to prevent malware by miekiemoes

Help! My computer is slow! by miekiemoes

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet  by Lawrence Abrams

I will keep this open for 24 hours in case you have any problems, after which I’ll close the topic.

Safe computing

Satchfan

Member of UNITE

The help you receive here is free but if you feel I have helped, you may consider making a Donation.

#64 Pacer

Pacer

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

Thanks for all the help. I went ahead and made some of those post treatment changes. hopefully

we wont be speaking anytime soon. Thanks again.

#65 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:01 AM

You're welcome.

Member of UNITE

#66 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:49 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.

Member of UNITE