This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Baseline - HJT - for Malware www.safehomepage.com [Solved]

18 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Do you still have your taskbar ?

 

 

Open notepad (Start –> All Programs –> Accessories –> Notepad).
Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.
(To do this highlight the contents of the box, right click on it and select copy. Right-click in the open notepad and select Paste).
Save it to the same directory as FRST or FRST64 as fixlist.txt. (it has to be right next to FRST or FRST64) either in a directory you saved FRST or FRST64 or on your desktop if thats where you saved it.
You can use your mouse to drag Fixlist right next to FRST or FRST64, either above or below it but not on top of it.
 
Start
CloseProcesses:
FineDealSoft (HKLM\…\{0D566ABB-889B-AF39-7B6A-23D4C5D54542}) (Version:  - finedeal) <==== ATTENTION
GetTheDiscount (HKLM\…\{37476589-E48E-439E-A706-56189E2ED4C4}_is1) (Version:  - GetTheDiscount) <==== ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKCU - DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
2014-10-27 11:05 - 2014-11-10 17:02 - 00000000 ____D () C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FineDealSoft
CMD: ipconfig /flushdns
Hosts:
EmptyTemp:
End
 
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
 
Then open FRST or FRST64 and click on fix
When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Tool (FRST written by Farbar) (x86) Version: 09-11-2014 01
Ran by [removed] at 2014-11-12 18:14:28 Run:3
Running from C:\Documents and Settings\[removed]\Desktop
[removed] Boot Mode: Normal

 

==============================================

Content of fixlist:
*****************
Start
CloseProcesses:
FineDealSoft (HKLM\…\{0D566ABB-889B-AF39-7B6A-23D4C5D54542}) (Version:  - finedeal) <==== ATTENTION
GetTheDiscount (HKLM\…\{37476589-E48E-439E-A706-56189E2ED4C4}_is1) (Version:  - GetTheDiscount) <==== ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKCU - DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
2014-10-27 11:05 - 2014-11-10 17:02 - 00000000 ____D () C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FineDealSoft
CMD: ipconfig /flushdns
Hosts:
EmptyTemp:
End

*****************

Processes closed successfully.
FineDealSoft (HKLM\…\{0D566ABB-889B-AF39-7B6A-23D4C5D54542}) (Version:  - finedeal) <==== ATTENTION => Error: No automatic fix found for this entry.
GetTheDiscount (HKLM\…\{37476589-E48E-439E-A706-56189E2ED4C4}_is1) (Version:  - GetTheDiscount) <==== ATTENTION => Error: No automatic fix found for this entry.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\\DefaultScope => value deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FineDealSoft => Moved successfully.

=========  ipconfig /flushdns =========

 

Windows IP Configuration

 

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========= End of CMD: =========

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts => Moved successfully.
Hosts was reset successfully.
EmptyTemp: => Removed 23.9 MB temporary data.

The system needed a reboot.

==== End of Fixlog ====

mmmmThis is the 2nd posting of the Fix log - one above was too small to read.

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Tool (FRST written by Farbar) (x86) Version: 09-11-2014 01
Ran by [removed] at 2014-11-12 18:14:28 Run:3
Running from C:\Documents and Settings\[removed]\Desktop
[removed] Boot Mode: Normal

==============================================

Content of fixlist:
*****************
Start
CloseProcesses:
FineDealSoft (HKLM\…\{0D566ABB-889B-AF39-7B6A-23D4C5D54542}) (Version:  - finedeal) <==== ATTENTION
GetTheDiscount (HKLM\…\{37476589-E48E-439E-A706-56189E2ED4C4}_is1) (Version:  - GetTheDiscount) <==== ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKCU - DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
2014-10-27 11:05 - 2014-11-10 17:02 - 00000000 ____D () C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FineDealSoft
CMD: ipconfig /flushdns
Hosts:
EmptyTemp:
End

*****************

Processes closed successfully.
FineDealSoft (HKLM\…\{0D566ABB-889B-AF39-7B6A-23D4C5D54542}) (Version:  - finedeal) <==== ATTENTION => Error: No automatic fix found for this entry.
GetTheDiscount (HKLM\…\{37476589-E48E-439E-A706-56189E2ED4C4}_is1) (Version:  - GetTheDiscount) <==== ATTENTION => Error: No automatic fix found for this entry.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\\DefaultScope => value deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FineDealSoft => Moved successfully.

=========  ipconfig /flushdns =========

 

Windows IP Configuration

 

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========= End of CMD: =========

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts => Moved successfully.
Hosts was reset successfully.
EmptyTemp: => Removed 23.9 MB temporary data.

The system needed a reboot.

==== End of Fixlog ====

the malware issue doesn't seem to be effecting the computer anymore.  I believe that is fixed.  The 20% of the screen that I don't have access to is now the only problem.  I can live with that a whole lot better than the malware.  I am unable to drag out the screen to fill the window.  If you have something else that might work I'd look forward to hearing it.  If not, I can live with how it presently is; and sincerely thank you for all your great help.  I didn't think I'd ever be able to use the computer again.  It really seemed hopeless.  So you know what you're doing.  I'm glad you're there!

I'll be out of town til Monday without computer access.  I'm not deserting you. I want your help if that's still possible.  I will contact the other forum if I must, but I'd prefer you.  More from me on Monday.

Try going to Start > Control Panel > Personalization on the bottom click on Display > Screen Resolution then Advanced Setting > Troubleshoot and see if it can fix it

the trouble shooting takes me to a help screen that suggests I download an updated driver which Microsoft no longer has available for XP users.  The window's instructions are as follows:

To check your monitor selection

  1. Open Display Properties in Control Panel.
  2. Click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Monitor tab.
  3. The monitor that is selected for your computer is displayed under Monitor Type.

    If correct monitor isn't listed, click Properties.
  4. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update driver.
  5. After the Hardware Update Wizard starts, click Install from a list or specific location, and then click Next.
  6. Click Don't search. I will choose the driver to install, and then click Next. This provides a list of monitor manufacturers and models.
  7. In Manufacturers, click the manufacturer of your monitor, and then in Models, click the model name.

    If your monitor isn't listed, click (Standard monitor type) in Manufacturers, and then choose the most compatible setting for your monitor in Models.
  8. Click Next, and then click Next again.

Yep, XP is no longer supported by both Microsoft and most software and hardware vendors, XP was a great Operating System but has gone down the same path as Win 95 and 98, Vista will be next

 

Have you tried changing the screen resolution ??

 

I went through our entire post and I dont see anything any of the scans and fixes we ran would have caused this

 

What I would do is like I said post in the windows forum for help, it may be just a simple adjustment

 

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

 

Link them to this thread and after i see your post I will give a heads up to the tech team that you posted

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI