Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Error in Registry [Solved]

Registry

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#16 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:15 AM

Hi nelsonite ,

You're quite welcome! :thumbup:

1. If Escan Anti Virus has a firewall built into it, then by all means use that one. But remember, only one Anti-Virus and one Firewall should be installed and running at any one time. Having more than one of each may actually make your system more vulnerable. Just for reference, I use Comodo (free version) listed in my last post. But obviously, the choice is your on how you protect your computer.

2. I personally don't use a password manager so I can't really speak to there effectiveness. You could always use a Password Generator to create secure passwords. But it would still be up to you to remember the password. It's always wise to write down your passwords and keep them in a safe place for reference should the need arise.

3. As for the Hosts file, you might see if you can locate a local computer club or a neighbor that might be able to help with this step.

Did you have any other questions or concerns?

OCD

Proud Graduate of WTT Classroom
Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days

If you are satisfied with the help you have received, please consider making a donation.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 nelsonite

nelsonite

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

Hello,

There seem to be no issues currently with the PC. I want to thank you again for having so much patience and persisting with my problems as if they were your own. Hats off to you. :notworthy: :clap:

#18 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:33 AM

You're very welcome. Glad I was able to help. :bigthumb:
OCD

Member of UNITE

If you are satisfied with the help you have received, please consider making a donation.

#19 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:33 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
OCD

Member of UNITE