Lets update your vulnerable software to reduce the risk of reinfection.
Update Outdated Software
Outdated software contain security risks that must be patched. Please download and install the latest version of the programmes below.
- Adobe Flash Player (Uncheck the "Optional Offer")
- Adobe Reader (Uncheck the "Optional Offer")
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Follow these instructions to check for and download the latest Windows Updates.
Remove Outdated Software
- Press the Windows Key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Search for the following programmes, right-click and click Uninstall one at a time.
- Note: The programmes below may not be present. If this is the case, please skip to the next step.
- Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
- Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
- Adobe Reader 7.0
- Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6
- Follow the prompts, and reboot if necessary.
Disable Java in Your Browser
Due to frequent exploits we recommend you disable Java in your browser.
For information on Java vulnerabilities, please read the following article (point #7).
- Click the Windows Start Button and type Java Control Panel (or javacpl) in the search bar.
- Click on the Java Control Panel. Once opened, click the Security tab.
- Deselect the check box for Enable Java content in the browser. This will disable the Java plug-in in the browser.
- Click Apply. When the Windows User Account Control (UAC) appears, allow permissions to make the changes.
- Click OK in the Java Plug-in confirmation window.
- Restart your browser(s) for changes to take effect.
- More information can be found here and here.
- Please download SecurityCheck and save the file to your Desktop.
- Double-click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside the black box.
- A log (checkup.txt) will automatically open on your Desktop.
- Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
In your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.