Locate Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware it should be located on your Desktop. If not, follow the download instructions:
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (save it to your desktop).
- Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"
- Select Scan tab.
- Select type of scan to perform:
- Threat Scan < --- Select this type of scan
- Custom Scan
- Hyper Scan
- Next click the Scan button.
- When the scan is complete, if no malicious items are found you can close the program.
- If malicious items are found be sure that everything is checked, and click Quarantine .
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.
- Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.
- It is recommended to disable on-board antivirus program and anti-spyware programs while performing scans so there are no conflicts and it will speed up scan time.
- Please don't go surfing while your resident protection is disabled!
- Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable your antivirus along with your anti-spyware programs.
** You need to run your browser with Administrator Rights, to do so right click your browsers short cut and select "Run as Administrator".
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Go here to run ESET Online Scanner
(Note: You can use Internet Explorer or FireFox for this scan. If you use FireFox you will be asked to install an additional component. Please allow this.)
- Click Start
- When asked, allow the activex control to install
- Disable your Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock
- Click Start
- Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Checked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is Checked.
- Click Scan.
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- When the scan completes, click List of found threats
- click Export to Text file and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.
- Include the contents of this report in your next reply
Note - when ESET doesn't find any threats, no report will be created.
- Push the back button.
- Push Finish
- Re-enable your Antivirus software.
In your next post please provide the following:
- MBAM log
- ESET's log.txt
- How's the computer running, any symptoms?