computer never been cleaned 5 years need help
computer running slow
Register to Remove
Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:28 PM
Hi, and welcome to our malware removal forum!
My name is Richard and I'll be happy to help you with your computer problems.
Please note the following:
- The cleaning process is not instant as logs can take time to research. Sit tight and please be patient.
- I will be working on your malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you may have with your system.
- While we are fixing your problems, do NOT install/re-install any programs or run any fixes or scanners unless told to do so.
- Ensure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date.
- I would advise backing up all your important documents, personal data files and photos to a CD or DVD drive.
- Do not back up any Applications (programs). These should be re-installed from the original source CD(s) or website(s).
- During the course of our cleanup, please do not do any additional online work or surfing until we have verified that your system is clean.
- I suggest printing out each set of instructions and reading the entire post before proceeding. It will make following them easier.
- Be sure to follow the directions and run tools/scans in the order listed.
- If you do not reply to your topic, it will be closed after 3 days.
I will return as soon as possible with more instructions.
Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:31 PM
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
- The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log(Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply.
Please download aswMBR.exe and save it to your desktop.
- Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool.
- When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
- Click Scan
- Upon completion of the scan, click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review. Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
- You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well.
In your next reply, please provide the following:
- FRST log.
- aswMBR log.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users