After completing the steps below (and posting back), I suggest posting in the Microsoft Windows section if you wish to troubleshoot your Windows 8.1 upgrade issue. I would include the following information:
- Link to this topic.
- Description of issues (AMD Catalyst Control incompatibility error, AMD driver installation failure, etc).
- Summary.zip attached.
You can also contact Microsoft regarding upgrade issues if you so wish.
- Please download DelFix and save the file to your Desktop.
- Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
- Place a checkmark next to the following items:
- Activate UAC
- Remove disinfection tools
- Create registry backup
- Reset System Settings
- Click the Run button.
-- This will remove the specialised tools we used to disinfect your system. Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete).
--- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will still be present on your computer. I recommend keeping this programme, updating and scanning with it once a week to maintain security on your computer. If you do not wish to keep this programme on your computer, you can uninstall it by pressing the Windows Key + r on your keyboard at the same time, typing appwiz.cpl, clicking OK and searching for Malwarebytes.
Congratulations, your computer appears clean!
I no longer see signs of malware on your computer, and feel satisfied that our work here is done. Below I have compiled a list of resources you may find useful. The articles document information on computer security/maintenance, common infection vectors and how you can stay safe on the Internet.
The following security/maintenance programmes come highly recommended in the security community.
- Web of Trust (WOT) is a browser add-on designed to alert the user before interacting with a potentially malicious website.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium incorporates real-time protection and is designed to run alongside your anti-virus.
- SpywareBlaster is a form of passive protection, designed to block the actions of malicious websites and tracking cookies.
- CCleaner (portable) is a handy temp file cleaner. Avoid the built-in registry cleaner => see this article for information.
- Secuina PSI will scan your computer for vulnerable software that is outdated, and automatically find the latest update for you.
- StartupLite will scan your computer for unnecessary startup programmes. Disabling identified programmes may improve boot-time.
- NoScript is a Firefox add-on that blocks the actions of malicious scripts by using whitelisting and other technology.
- AdBlock is a browser add-on that blocks annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads.
Wary of a particular file/website? Need a second opinion? Scan the file/URL using these free online scanner services:
-- Should you have any questions on the above tools, or computer security in general, please feel free to ask.
Please confirm you have no outstanding (malware) issues, and are happy with the state of your computer. Once I have confirmation things are in order, we can wrap things up and I will close this thread.
Thank you for using WhatTheTech.