Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Proxy virus/hijack, New tab pop-ups and adware!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tcmiller

tcmiller

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

I am running windows 8.1 and using Chrome browser, Chrome shows a proxy server as 127.0.0.1:8118 places ads on pages that I know ads are not there, doesn't allow me access to some of my vendors sites and opens new tabs with directing to driver downloads or updates. Every time I change the proxy server settings it reappears. I have AVG free version and it hasn't reported any problems since this started about 5 days ago. I have updated virus database (twice). I have ran OLT and only received one txt file (olt.txt) it is attached. Thank you for your assistance in advance, T.C. Miller

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tcmiller

tcmiller

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

file didn't attach added new post with file in-line.