This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Proxy virus/hijack, New tab pop-ups and adware!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am running windows 8.1 and using Chrome browser, Chrome shows a proxy server as 127.0.0.1:8118 places ads on pages that I know ads are not there, doesn't allow me access to some of my vendors sites and opens new tabs with directing to driver downloads or updates. Every time I change the proxy server settings it reappears. I have AVG free version and it hasn't reported any problems since this started about 5 days ago. I have updated virus database (twice). I have ran OLT and only received one txt file (olt.txt) it is attached. Thank you for your assistance in advance, T.C. Miller

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI