Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Multiple Dllhost(com surrogate) slowing computer/crash. [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Halftimekitty

Halftimekitty

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hello and thank you for reading a possibly helping.

My computer is currently not connected to the internet but when it is i get over loaded with Dllhost(com surrogate) running in task manager, using all my CPU. 

i have currently ran (superantispyware,ccleaner,combofix,DDS)

will post what i have in logs here

Attached Files

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 TechieRanger

TechieRanger

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hi, and welcome to our malware removal forum!

My name is Richard and I'll be happy to help you with your computer problems.

Please be advised that I am currently in training, so my responses will need to be approved by one of our experts before I post them. This is only to ensure you are receiving accurate instructions. It may cause a delay in my replies.

Please note the following:
  • The cleaning process is not instant as logs can take time to research. Sit tight and please be patient.
  • I will be working on your malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you may have with your system.
  • While we are fixing your problems, do NOT install/re-install any programs or run any fixes or scanners unless told to do so.
  • Ensure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date.
  • I would advise backing up all your important documents, personal data files and photos to a CD or DVD drive.
  • Do not back up any Applications (programs). These should be re-installed from the original source CD(s) or website(s).
  • During the course of our cleanup, please do not do any additional online work or surfing until we have verified that your system is clean.
  • I suggest printing out each set of instructions and reading the entire post before proceeding. It will make following them easier.
  • Be sure to follow the directions and run tools/scans in the order listed.
  • If you do not reply to your topic, it will be closed after 3 days.
I will return as soon as possible with more instructions.

Regards,

Richard :wavey:

Posted Image
Richard
Proud Graduate of WTT Classroom

#3 Halftimekitty

Halftimekitty

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Thank you for your quick reply will be waiting for further help.

#4 TechieRanger

TechieRanger

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:50 AM

ComboFix is a very powerful tool. It is not recommended to run ComboFix without expert guidance. :)

You're infected with ZeroAccess, a nasty rootkit infection that has backdoor functionality.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Next

• Please download aswMBR.exe and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool. If you use Windows Vista or 7, right click and choose 'Run as Administrator'.
  • When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
  • Click Scan
  • Upon completion of the scan, click Save log and save it to your Desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review. Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
  • You will also notice another file created on the Desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well.

In your next reply, please provide the following:

• aswMBR log.
  • Update on how your PC is running.

Regards,

Posted Image
Richard

#5 TechieRanger

TechieRanger

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

It has been two days or more since my last post. Do you still need help or more time? :)

Regards,

Posted Image
Richard

#6 Halftimekitty

Halftimekitty

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

More time please .. Went over my Internet usage so could download the program.

#7 TechieRanger

TechieRanger

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

No problem. :thumbup:

Thanks for letting me know! :)

Regards,

Posted Image
Richard

#8 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread.

New members follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html and start a new topic

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015