ComboFix is a very powerful tool. It is not recommended to run ComboFix without expert guidance.
You're infected with ZeroAccess, a nasty rootkit infection that has backdoor functionality.
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
- Please download aswMBR.exe and save it to your Desktop.
- Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool. If you use Windows Vista or 7, right click and choose 'Run as Administrator'.
- When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
- Click Scan
- Upon completion of the scan, click Save log and save it to your Desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review. Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
- You will also notice another file created on the Desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well.
In your next reply, please provide the following:
- aswMBR log.
- Update on how your PC is running.