Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Browser Hangs Too Much! [Solved]

Browser slow Computer slow Hanging browser

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#31 Bperkins7468

Bperkins7468

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

It's running much better! Do you know anything about the DNS server not responding? That seems to hang up my browser too.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Good to hear.   :)

Let's see what we can do about your DNS hanging....

Please open an elevated command prompt > Click Start and type cmd in Start Search.
When cmd.exe populates above, right click it and select Run as Administrator to open an elevated command prompt.

Copy and paste the following bolded entries (one line at a time) into the command prompt and press Enter 

IPCONFIG /RELEASE  (press Enter)

IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS (press Enter)

IPCONFIG /RENEW  (press Enter)

Close out of the command prompt and reboot.

Try to connect to the internet now and let me know if that helped.

Posted Image

#33 Bperkins7468

Bperkins7468

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

The system runs smoothly. I had to reboot the laptop and run the troubleshooting but it's good now. :)

#34 Bperkins7468

Bperkins7468

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

So I guess that's it. I want to donate to PayPal on Friday for your help since I really appreciate it. Is Paypal always available on your profile page?

#35 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

I want to donate to PayPal on Friday for your help since I really appreciate it. Is Paypal always available on your profile page?

You are more than welcome.  Yes my PayPal is always on my page and thanks for the consideration.   :)
-----------------

Glad to hear that your system is running better.   :)  We have just a little bit more to do before we are finished.  We should check and be sure that nothing else is in there hiding before you go.

GUZVCQN.jpgMalwarebytes

Please open Malwarebytes, update it and then run a Quick Scan.  Save the log that is created for your next reply.
----------

ESET Online Scanner

Go here to run an online scannner from ESET. Windows Vista/Windows 7 users will need to right click on their Internet Explorer shortcut, and select Run as Administrator

• Note: For browsers other than Internet Explorer, you will be prompted to download and install esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe. Click on the link and save the file to a convenient location. Double click on it to install and a new window will open. Follow the prompts.
  • Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activex control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
  • Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • When the scan is done, if it shows a screen that says "Threats found!", then click "List of found threats", and then click "Export to text file..."
  • Save that text file on your desktop. Copy and paste the contents of that log as a reply to this topic.
  • Close the ESET online scan, and let me know how things are now.

----------

Posted Image

#36 Bperkins7468

Bperkins7468

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hi Jeff,

I haven't run Malwarebytes and ESET Scanner yet. I'll be doing that shortly. 

Maybe you can help me understand something: I just upgraded my internet from 20mbps to 24 mbps, and still I find basic videos buffering. It seems to take a while for the internet stream to catch up to the video. Do you know why that could be?

I have 44 gigs out of 116 gigs left on my C:. Could that be a reason? If so, how do I create more space on my C:?

#37 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

You would be assuming that it is actually 24mbps unfortunately....there are many reasons why your internet could be running slow with malware only being one of them.

I have 44 gigs out of 116 gigs left on my C:. Could that be a reason? If so, how do I create more space on my C:?

No...this should not be causing anything like this.  You are working with just shy of 4GB of RAM though.  You could try and get more RAM but not sure that would really help the internet speed though.

When you get the two logs from Malwarebytes and ESET be sure to post those.  :)

Posted Image

#38 Bperkins7468

Bperkins7468

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2014.04.18.01

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17041
Byron :: BYRON-PC [administrator]

4/17/2014 6:48:19 PM
mbam-log-2014-04-17 (18-48-19).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 414972
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 16 minute(s), 49 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

#39 Bperkins7468

Bperkins7468

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:08 AM

C:\FRST\Quarantine\C\Users\Byron\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BackgroundContainer.dll Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.Y potentially unwanted application
C:\FRST\Quarantine\C\Users\Byron\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\TBUpdaterLogic_1.0.0.1.dll Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.Y potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Local\CRE\medkndcadfefmiifpnlapbeoajnjiahj.crx a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.AA potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Roaming\1H1Q\Firefox Packages\uninstaller.exe Win32/InstallCore.AZ potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Byron\Downloads\setup.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.LW potentially unwanted application

Everything is running better. But I still notice videos buffering and I'm not sure why.I ran a speedtest and it said I had a download speed of 21.23 mbps. I really thought that would be fast enough to run videos. I had Time Warner a couple months ago in a different apartment and I could watch any video without it ever buffering. This is just kind of nuts.

#40 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

What browser(s) is this happening with?

---------------------

Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the Desktop as fixlist.txt 

C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Local\CRE\medkndcadfefmiifpnlapbeoajnjiahj.crx 
C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Roaming\1H1Q\Firefox Packages\uninstaller.exe 
C:\Users\Byron\Downloads\setup.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.LW 

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
----------

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#41 Bperkins7468

Bperkins7468

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Tool (FRST written by Farbar) (x64) Version: 17-04-2014 01
Ran by Byron at 2014-04-18 11:10:12 Run:3
Running from C:\Users\Byron\Downloads\FRST-OlderVersion
Boot Mode: Normal
==============================================

Content of fixlist:
C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Local\CRE\medkndcadfefmiifpnlapbeoajnjiahj.crx 
C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Roaming\1H1Q\Firefox Packages\uninstaller.exe 
C:\Users\Byron\Downloads\setup.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.LW 

C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Local\CRE\medkndcadfefmiifpnlapbeoajnjiahj.crx => Moved successfully.
C:\Users\Byron\AppData\Roaming\1H1Q\Firefox Packages\uninstaller.exe => Moved successfully.
"C:\Users\Byron\Downloads\setup.exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.LW" => File/Directory not found.

==== End of Fixlog ====

*** I only use Chrome but I went to IE just to test it, and the same videos buffer way too much. It seems that I need a T1 line just to watch videos. And I know that's not the case.

#42 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

You said the same video.....do other videos have the same problem or is it just the one?

Posted Image

#43 Bperkins7468

Bperkins7468

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Some videos play just fine, while others buffer way too much.

#44 Bperkins7468

Bperkins7468

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Jeff, I just had a page hanging for almost a full minute. In the bottom left corner, It read "Waiting for i1.ytimg.com"

I don't know what that means but it oscillated between that and something else I can't remember.

#45 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hi,

Ok....run a new scan with OTL and post the new OTL.txt that is made.  :)

Posted Image