Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Explorer.exe crashes constantly. Is it malware related? [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#61 leader2

leader2

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

Hi leader2,

Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

Locate the minidump file that occurred during the most recent BSOD.

If it's too large, zip it up and attach in your next reply.

You may also find that no minidump file is available. If that is the case, then you will just have to test the system for a few days and see how it performs.

I don't think I can post this here as a text file OCD since it wouldn't up as a text file to post on my computer. So I attached it for you.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#62 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hi leader2,

As the issue you are encountering is a technical problem rather than a malware issue I'm going to have to ask for assistance from one of my colleagues on interpreting the mini-dump file. FYI it does show what caused the bsod, but I'm unsure of what the correct method is to remedy the issue.

This is the file and a brief description of what it does:

ntoskrnl.exe (Short for Windows NT Operating System Kernel, and ntkrnlpa.exe on systems with Physical Address Extension support) is the kernel image for the family of Microsoft Windows NT operating systems. It provides the kernel and executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management, etc., thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the cache manager, the executive, the kernel, the security reference monitor, the memory manager, and the scheduler, among other things.

I will reply back as soon as possible.

OCD

Proud Graduate of WTT Classroom
Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days

If you are satisfied with the help you have received, please consider making a donation.

#63 leader2

leader2

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Hi leader2,

As the issue you are encountering is a technical problem rather than a malware issue I'm going to have to ask for assistance from one of my colleagues on interpreting the mini-dump file. FYI it does show what caused the bsod, but I'm unsure of what the correct method is to remedy the issue.

This is the file and a brief description of what it does:

ntoskrnl.exe (Short for Windows NT Operating System Kernel, and ntkrnlpa.exe on systems with Physical Address Extension support) is the kernel image for the family of Microsoft Windows NT operating systems. It provides the kernel and executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management, etc., thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the cache manager, the executive, the kernel, the security reference monitor, the memory manager, and the scheduler, among other things.

I will reply back as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your help OCD. I appreciate your assistance. I will be waiting for your response.

#64 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hi leader2,

I am still waiting for some feedback from my colleagues concerning your issue. Since all helpers volunteer their time on the forum it is hard to say when that may happen.

There is always another option that we can try. I can refer you to our Tech Team to see if they have any input to offer. We would still keep this thread open, but this would give you another avenue to possibly resolve the issue.

If you would like to give this option a try, please do the following:

The Tech Team is located in the General Hardware Forum

Give a brief description of the problem along with a link to this thread so the Tech Team helper can see what we have done already.
http://forums.whatth...c=127940&page=1

After you have done the above, please post a link here to the new thread in the General Hardware Forum so I can follow along.

• leader2 likes this
OCD

Member of UNITE

If you are satisfied with the help you have received, please consider making a donation.

#65 leader2

leader2

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Hi leader2,

I am still waiting for some feedback from my colleagues concerning your issue. Since all helpers volunteer their time on the forum it is hard to say when that may happen.

There is always another option that we can try. I can refer you to our Tech Team to see if they have any input to offer. We would still keep this thread open, but this would give you another avenue to possibly resolve the issue.

If you would like to give this option a try, please do the following:

The Tech Team is located in the General Hardware Forum

Give a brief description of the problem along with a link to this thread so the Tech Team helper can see what we have done already.
http://forums.whatth...c=127940&page=1

After you have done the above, please post a link here to the new thread in the General Hardware Forum so I can follow along.

Thanks a lot for your patience and help OCD. Your help was greatly appreciated on this matter. :) I posted a new thread in the hardware forum. This is the link: Explorer.exe was crashing constantly and computer bsods. Help! http://forums.whatth...howtopic=128096  

#66 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hi leader2,

I have been following your progress on the other thread in General Hardware and see that you will be attempting to get this issue resolved via the computer's warranty. I will go ahead and close this thread, but will wait for a reply from you before doing so in case you should have any further questions.

OCD

Member of UNITE

#67 leader2

leader2

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thanks OCD for your time.  :) Since the warranty seems to be a better option at the moment due for the aforementioned reasons on the other thread I will pursue that option when I am well and come back to the forums for other questions/help that doesn't require the comp being serviced via repair. 

You may now close the thread.

#68 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

Good Luck leader2. I hope you resolve both your medical and computer situation.

OCD

Member of UNITE

#69 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
OCD

Member of UNITE