Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

HP redirect.com virus? [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#31 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Hi,

I have attached what you need to this reply.  Just download it to your Desktop (where ComboFix should be) and then drag and drop the file directly onto ComboFix.   :)

Post the new log when made and let me know how your system is running.  

Attached Files

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Hi Jeff, I warned you at the start that I'm self taught on computer,there are some things to do with computers that are taken for granted by most people so its not shown anywhere on the net.At least I cant find it? Anyway I hope it worked this time? My computer is asking every now and then if I want Internet Explorer instead of my usual Firefox and it has done a few weird things but its running OK now. Attached File  CFScript.txt   14.82KB   196 downloads

#33 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi there....no worries.  If you have any questions please do ask.  :)  That is what I am here for.  

Your system is asking if you want Internet Explorer to be the default browser because with some of our tools, there are settings that get set back to default.

Go ahead and give the system a good run around and then let me know later or tomorrow how it's running.  If everything seems ok, we can remove our tools and you should be good to go.   :thumbup:

Posted Image

#34 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hi Jeff,The only thing I can find wrong is my desktop icon Filehippo update checker doesn't work anymore? When I double click on it a message box appears saying;a device attached to the system is not functioning.I used to have an ebay desktop icon as well but that has disappeared? Otherwise,all systems are go.LOL

#35 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

You might just try a reinstall of filehippo and see if that fixes things up.  :)

Posted Image

#36 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hi Jeff,Yes that fixed it.I tried before by uninstalling the desktop icon and reinstalling that! Duh! LOL So the computer seems to be working OK now do I go ahead and delete the desktop files,Combofix etc...?

#37 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Fantastic!!   :)

Providing there are no other malware related problems...

IT APPEARS THAT THE LOGS WE HAVE NOW ARE NOW CLEAN!  GREAT JOB!!  

This infection appears to have been cleared, but I can not give you any absolute guarantees.  As a precaution, I would go ahead and change all of your passwords as this is especially important after an infection.
----------

The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:

Press the Windows key + R and this will open the Run text box.  Copy/paste the following text into the Run box as shown and click OK.
  Combofix /Uninstall
  (Note: There is a space between the ..X and the /U that needs to be there.)

jEuYelX.jpg
----------

81mYIKe.jpg  AdwCleaner

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again.

• Click on the Uninstall button.
  • Click Yes when asked are you sure you want to uninstall.
  • Both AdwCleaner.exe, its folder and all logs will be removed.

--------------

Any of the logs that you created for use in the forums or remaining tools that have not yet been removed can be deleted so they aren't cluttering up your desktop. If you did not have Malwarebytes Antimalware before, I would keep it and run it weekly.
----------

Here are some tips to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:

1. Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:

• From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  • Click once on the Security tab
  • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  • Click once on the Custom Level button.
  • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
  • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
  • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
  • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
  • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
  • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
  • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
  • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
  • Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

2. FireFox  If you use Firefox, I recommend installing the following add-ons to help make your Firefox browser more secure:
NoScript
AdBlock Plus 

3. Use and update an anti-virus software - I can not overemphasize the need for you to use and update your anti-virus application on a regular basis.  With the ever increasing number of new variants of malware arriving on the scene daily, you become very susceptible to an attack without updated protection.

4. Firewall
Using a third-party firewall will allow you to give/deny access for applications that want to go online. Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. Simply using a firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.   **There are firewalls that could be downloaded and used but I would personally only recommend using one of the following below:
Online Armor Free
Agnitum Outpost Firewall Free
Comodo Firewall Free

5. Make sure you keep your Windows OS current.  Windows XP users can visit Windows update  regularly to download and install any critical updates and service packs. Windows Vista/7 users can open the Start menu > All Programs > Windows Update > Check for Updates (in left hand task pane) to update these systems.  Without these you are leaving the back door open.

6. WOT (Web of Trust) As "Googling" is such an integral part of internet life, this free browser add on warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. It is especially helpful when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites.  WOT has an add-on available for Firefox, Internet Explorer as well as Google Chrome.

7. Finally, I strongly recommend that you read Miekiemoes' great advice How to prevent malware.

Please reply to this thread once more if you are satisfied so that we can mark the problem as resolved.
----------

Posted Image

#38 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

Hi Jeff,When I press windows button + R together the start menu appears? instead of run text box.Ive been trying to get through to Paypal resolution since yesterday but but it keeps saying the message was interrupted,then a resend box comes up I click that and a try again box appears? I dont know if its the computer or the website?

#39 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

Its OK Jeff, I got through to Paypal in the end.

#40 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

Hi and thank you!!  

So your Run keyboard shortcut is not working still?  

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#41 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

Hi Jeff,I tried again by pressing Win + R multiple times,when I do that sometimes after the start menu it will show search results for R, and sometimes the run box will magically appear? It showed CFScript txt uninstall already there from my last attempt but because it didn't work previously I went ahead and deleted the Combofix icon from my desktop and program.

#42 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Sorry for any delays....my connection at my house has been really funky!!  Not sure how long I can stay on.  :(

Posted Image

#43 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Sorry to hear about your connection problem Jeff! I still have a problem with the Windows Button + R when I press them at the same time nothing happens most of the time and when it does it goes to the start menu,press again and it goes to search of R. What would cause this? I have a new "AV Labs" USB keyboard about 2 months old.

Edited by redrooster, 18 March 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#44 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

You might try to uninstall and then reinstall any software associated with the keyboard and see if that helps.  :)

Posted Image

#45 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Any luck?

Posted Image