Glad to hear that your system is running well again.
As for a donation, that is really up to you. Your thanks is nice enough.
Ok....let's check for anything else hiding before you go....
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Right-click and Run as Administrator mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan as shown below.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.
The log can also be found here:
Windows 2000 & Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
Windows Vista & Win7:
ESET Online Scanner
Go here to run an online scannner from ESET. Windows Vista/Windows 7 users will need to right click on their Internet Explorer shortcut, and select Run as Administrator
- Note: For browsers other than Internet Explorer, you will be prompted to download and install esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe. Click on the link and save the file to a convenient location. Double click on it to install and a new window will open. Follow the prompts.
- Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
- Click Start
- When asked, allow the activex control to install
- Click Start
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
- Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
- Click Scan
- Wait for the scan to finish
- When the scan is done, if it shows a screen that says "Threats found!", then click "List of found threats", and then click "Export to text file..."
- Save that text file on your desktop. Copy and paste the contents of that log as a reply to this topic.
- Close the ESET online scan, and let me know how things are now.