Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

HP redirect.com virus? [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Hi all,This is my first post here.Im 60y/o and Ive learnt to use a computer myself so Im not that good at it I suppose? Anyway I have this redirect virus,because I have a HP computer I didnt take much notice but my computer has slowed down a lot in the last few months. I bought it approx 2 years ago, I thought it was strange that HP would want to redirect my searches? My desktop is HP P6-2203a,OS Win7 64 bit,8gb ddr3.I was looking at a thread here on how to fix this problem but it warned me off doing same because of problems I might encounter having a different computer etc...I use the latest versions of Firefox,run CCcleaner weekly,Ultradefrag about once a month and keep things up to date with Filehippo.I have Microsoft firewall switched on and M/S security essentials but it didnt stop this virus for some reason? Is there a tutorial on how to fix this or does every computer have to be disinfected individually? I hope someone will be able to help me with this,it would be greatly appreciated.  

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hi and Welcome!!   

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

• The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
  • Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that....   YBCQLm4.gif   Let's get going!!  
----------

Every computer that is infected should be inspected individually.
-----------

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.

• Disable any antivirus programs during the scan (If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here )
  • Double click dds to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt
----------

weVCzW0.jpg Please download TDSSKiller

• Double click TDSSKiller.exe
  • Press Start Scan but do nothing else as we are just looking for what is there.
  • If Malicious objects are found, select Skip by changing the Cure dropdown in the upper right.
  • Attach the log in your next reply
    • A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

----------

81mYIKe.jpg  AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

----------

Posted Image

#3 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Hi Jeff,I cant work out how to attach the DDS Zip files from my desktop here? or the Adwcleaner files.Ive tried to copy and paste but it wont work?

#4 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Hi,

When you want to reply, look for the button that says More Reply Options and select that.  It will take you to another page where you will see the area for you to attach files.  :)

Posted Image

#5 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hi Jeff,It looks like I can only post 2 at a time so here are the DDS files.

Attached Files

#6 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

I think it worked this time?Attached File  dds.zip   4.63KB   203 downloadsAttached File  attach.zip   2.63KB   195 downloads

#7 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

Ok...when you get the logs for AdwCleaner and TDSSKiller, please post/attach those as well.  :)

Posted Image

#8 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

Oh, I thought I had already uploaded AdwcleanerAttached File  AdwCleanerR0.txt   2.58KB   254 downloads

#9 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

Here is the TdssKillerAttached File  TDSSKiller.3.0.0.25_07.03.2014_21.51.43_log.txt   184.63KB   282 downloads

#10 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

ComboFix

Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop.  
Link 1
Link 2

**Note:  It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
If you get a message saying "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", please restart your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Right-Click and Run as Administrator on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt for further review.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

I just realized I didnt save Combofix to my desktop,should I do this again?Attached File  ComboFix.txt   14.48KB   227 downloads

#12 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

81mYIKe.jpg  AdwCleaner

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again.

• Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.
  • After the scan has finished...
  • This time, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

------------

Posted Image

#13 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

I hope Ive done this the right way? I get a bit confused with the way computers work sometimes.LOL! Attached File  AdwCleanerS0.txt   2.39KB   238 downloads

#14 jeffce

jeffce

Malware Guy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Yes...you are doing just fine.  :)

How is your system running ?

Posted Image

#15 redrooster

redrooster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

Hi Jeff, My computer is loading websites as quick as it did when it was new and the redirect thing has disappeared.Yay! Thankyou very much,I really do appreciate your help with this. What would you suggest that I should donate? (ball park figure) I have no idea about these things.