Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Computer infected [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#16 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Allowing it to update would have been good... but we're fine the way you did it.

That's all I see.  How are things running?

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 HMH22

HMH22

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:15 AM

Hi Tomk sorry I was trying to wait for your respose but im not sure if it was because i waited to long or one of my sisters hit ok but when i came back it combofix was already running.  The computer seems to be working ok so far, I have not been on the other accounts but this one seems to be working ok.

#18 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

No worries.  You didn't do anything wrong.  The important thing is -

Log looks good :D

Time for some housekeeping

• Click START then RUN
  • Now type ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox  and click OK.
  • Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
  • Combofix_uninstall_image.jpg

The above procedure will:
  • Implement some cleanup procedures.
  • Reset System Restore.

We need to remove the tools we've used during cleaning your machine

• Download Delfix from here
  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
    Also tick:
    • Create registry backup
    • Purge system restore

delfix.jpg
  • Click Run

The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log detailing what tools were removed.  I don't really need to see it so you don't need to post it.

If you have any tools or logs left, you can just delete them.

Please re-enable any security that was disabled.

The following is my standard advice for the future.  Use what you can and pat yourself on the back for what you're already doing.

Please take time to read Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing.  Very important information for your consideration is contained therein.

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein

Also: "How to prevent malware" 
by miekiemoes

Please respond back that you understand the above and let me know if you have any questions.  Otherwise, this thread will be closed Resolved.  :thumbup:

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#19 HMH22

HMH22

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Hi Tomk I finished everything this morning, everything seems to be working ok.  Thank you so much for your help it seems like it might have been the game The Movies that was causing the problems but im not sure I guess I want try to install it again

#20 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

I trust you are downloading the game from Lionhead Studios.  It is always best to utilize the authors site.  Download sites often patch install files with adware.

I'm not sure that The Movies game was your problem.  You installed the game on Feb. 11th and you were not infected until Feb. 21st (At least thats when the malware files were created).  It is possible that there was a downloader installed with it... but it doesn't look that way to me.  Normally I'd expect to see the infected files on the same day as the game install if they came together.

Anyhow... you are very welcome for the assist.

Good luck and be well!

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#21 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014