the viewing of hidden and protected system files
in Windows Vista, 7 / 8 please follow these steps:
Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
Click on the Start
button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
Click on the Control Panel
When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:
If you click on "restore defaults" button in Folder Options > View tab, it will hide all those views for you.Did the desktop.ini disappear now?
The ESET scan found some suspect downloads, which we delete.
You should always try to download software directly on a software vendor website (Microsoft, AVG, Intel ...), avoid such ones like Softonic.
I've attached the OTL_script_2_Amanda.txt
Download and save it to your desktop.
- Open OTL_script_2_Amanda.txt with a text editor
- Copy/paste the text written inside of the OTL_script_Amanda.txt into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine.
Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top
- Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
- Then post Fix OTL log as well as a new OTL log by rerunning it after reboot without custom scans script.
***Uninstall old versions:
Please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features
( Vista | Windows 7/8 ).
Locate the following programs:
Uninstall them all.Install these programs:
- Install latest Adobe Reader:
- Go to http://get.adobe.com.../otherversions/
- Use the drop down menu's to select your operating system
- Select your language > Select The current version of Adobe Reader for your language
- Remove the check mark from the box "Install Chrome as standard browser and Google Toolbar for Internet explorer"
- Click the Download button, and follow the onscreen directions to complete the installation.