Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Windows 8 possible Spyware [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 jayreiter

jayreiter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

Hi.  My email got hacked today and I think I have some sort of malicious garbage on my PC.  Videos are lagging, if even playing at all.  YouTube, Facebook, anywhere there's a video embedded, my PC is having a hard time playing the videos.  Today on FB I tried to view a video and the video froze.  I refreshed my browser (Internet Explorer) and rather than refreshing the FB page I was on, the browser kicked me to Yahoo (my homepage and email service that got hacked).  I tried to copy and paste my Hijackthis log report here a bit ago and it won't paste to this thread for some reason.  I tried to upload it here as a file and I'm getting errors.  This page here froze when I tried to upload the file and I had to refresh this page, thereby deleting my original post.  So this is the second time I've tried to post a new thread here.  :/  Frustrating.  So.  What do I do?  I can't copy/paste my results and I can't upload a .doc or .log file....  :/  I've even tried clicking all three "paste from clipboard" icons above and nothing.  :/ :/ :/

*Ok, I just successfully uploaded a PDF of the log here.  Now I'm trying to "Add to Post" and nothing.*

**Well, as I'm previewing my post, it looks like the PDF file is going to attach after all.  I hope this works.**

Attached Files

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

Hi jayreiter,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
As we work through your logs. Please remember to run any tools by Right-clicking on the icon and selecting Run As Administrator....
  • Download RogueKiller and save it to your desktop.
  • Quit all other programs
  • Start RogueKiller.exe
  • Wait until the Prescan has finished ...
  • Click on Scan
    RGKRScan.png
  • Wait for the end of the scan
  • A report will be created on your desktop.
  • Click on the Delete button
    RGKRDelete.png
  • Next click on the ShortcutsFix
    RGKRShortcutsFix.png
  • another report will be created on your desktop.
  • Please post: All RKreport.txt text files located on your desktop.

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 jayreiter

jayreiter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hi, Tomk.  Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm downloading Roguekiller now.  There wasn't a Windows 8 option for the download, just Vista, 7, XP, and other.  So I chose other. 

**Update: I am having a problem running the Roguekiller program.  I've downloaded it twice, and it won't proceed to the next step: Installation.  Is this because I chose "other" rather than Windows 7, Vista, or XP?  I'm concerned and I don't want to screw up my computer.  I am running Windows 8 and Roguekiller doesn't have that as an option.  I'll wait for you to reply to tell me what I should do next.**

Edited by jayreiter, 07 February 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#4 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Something must have went wrong. Your only choices should have been:
32 bit: http://www.adlice.co...RogueKiller.exe
or 64 bit: http://www.adlice.co...ueKillerX64.exe

I believe you have a 64 bit system so you want the second link.
Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#5 jayreiter

jayreiter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

Thank you for the links.  I'm downloading now.

#6 jayreiter

jayreiter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Ok.  Did the Roguekiller thing.  I got three reports.  I think the first one was from the initial scan, the second one was from when I clicked the "delete" button, and the third one was from when I did the "fix shortcuts" option.  They're all named the same file, so I put (1), (2), and (3) for each respective report at the end of the file name.  I'll upload the PDFs of these now.

Attached Files

Edited by jayreiter, 09 February 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#7 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

It appears that you have pirated programs on your system.  It is my guess that your problems stem from this.  The vast majority (maybe 90%) of pirated programs are infected.

You actually have Windows 8.1 rather than Windows 8.  Unfortunately, most of the tools I use to get logs from systems, are incompatible with 8.1.

After you have deleted all pirated programs from your system, please try running FRST.  I think it will give us a log to review.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#8 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread.

New members follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html and start a new topic
Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014