Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

LinkBucks Redirect & Purchase Reviews Bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#16 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,686 posts
  • Interests:Boo!....
  • MVP

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

Wow!  Thank you so much for your help!  Looks like things are cleaned up with no redirects.  Is there a free antivirus software that you suggest personally?  I saw the link at geekstogo.com that you posted, but I wasn't sure if they are a supporter of the site and whatthetech suggests them, or if that is one that you think is good. 

Thanks again,
Jeff

oh my goodness, don't want to look as if I support one over the other....
If you look around in other logs, course you don't have to, we have people using mostly free, having said that we work a very many infected computers that have paid for antivirus/firewall protection.
I use Microsoft Security Essentials:SpywareBlaster..MyWot...NoScript adon for Firefox...and MalwareBytes Pro, all are easy to use and easy on resources but, the power to having a good clean computer is the layered protection (Free Spyware / Malware Detection and Removal) you have on board..and of course safe surfing.

Be sure to read over
How to prevent Malware: (link above)
Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, WI-MVP 2016-17
Antivirus Scanners Online Scanners Firewalls Slow Computer??

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 jrider25

jrider25

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

Thanks so much for letting know what you personally use.  I like knowing what the pro's are using and it helps to compare new software to what I currently have.  Thanksagain for all your help!

Jeff

#18 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• 7,686 posts
  • MVP

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Your welcome.
Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

#19 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• 7,686 posts
  • MVP

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Glad we could help. :)sparkle.gif

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.