This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

runtime errors

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

I am suddenly getting a runtime error message R6034 for one programme Adobe, the message appears about four time before my clicking gets it to dissaper.I have checked online for an answer but most involve paying for a registry repair programme, which scans the machine & comes up with some ludicrous number of faults, obviously meant to scare you into buying the programme. Apart from these messages my machine is working fine..

any ideas please.

 

vince29

Touching the registry for the vast majority is a big mistake, definitely when using an automated program, it should only be done under guidance of someone who knows what they are doing, and although I don't hesitate myself to deal with my own registry, I certainly don't know enough to guide anyone else on, only to warn against rushing in.

 

Now with this in mind, I suggest the following as it does not touch the registry, so get and run Revo (free version), I can't recall if it's the 1st or 2nd window, but when you get the choice, select to use it in Advanced mode by checking that box, it will dig even deeper to remove related files, but double click on the Adobe program thats playing up, it will create a restore point, it will then launch the programs uninstaller, run that as normal, if asked to reboot select No, now click Next in Revo, next simply Next it through until it shows any files left behind, if it does Select All, then Delete, this can happen twice dependant on what is found, then finish when done.

 

Now Reboot the system, and when you return run junk file cleaners, if you don't have any I use Disk Cleaner and CCleaner (free version) to name a couple, each gets bits the other misses, now install the Adobe program again, all being well this will solve the problem.

 

Now I am a little concerned about the search results you're getting, if you are getting nothing but such results, I have to wonder if you may have been Hijacked (the search engine at least), I just searched "runtime error message R6034" and didn't get anything but an m$ page and loads of Apple pages, added Adobe into the search and the same again but with loads of Adobe pages, so I suggest running any protection you have (update first), see what that shows up, then we can go from there, it may be worth getting the Pro's to check you over if this does not stop the sort of results you appear to have got, see if this helps, then we can go from there.

What Adobe program, Read, Flash, Photoshop? If Photoshop, did you ever copy any plug-ins from an old version of Photoshop to the new one?

Hi

Thanks for you suggestions I used revo as suggested but the messages still appear, I uninstalled all the  adobe programs I had this appears to make no difference so I have reinstalled all new versions of the programms & they are still there very strange. it is not effecting the machine from working just annoying that I have to press ok to clear the the runtime message. 

Hi

I tried a system restore from December but to no avail still pop up messages. I have four adobe programmes installed & get four messages so there is a direct link there. I have run malwarebytes, super antispyware,adw, & Norton nothing reportabley found. I did run hijack this but my skills are not realy upto a complete analysis of this. but as I said before the machine is working well apart from these annoying runtime errors, all the adobe programmes are working

Hi

Yes I have photo shop installed plus premier elements,reader, air products, all of theses have been on my system for sometime

vince29

Hi Vince,

 

1 Please post a screen dump showing the error message you are getting, (please use PrtScn key without using Alt)

2 at the same time as the error is showing please take a screen dump of your Task Manager page, showing the Programs tab

3 at the same time as the error is showing please take a screen dump of your Task Manager showing the Processes with the entries in order of maximum CPU usage.

4 Have you done any changing of settings or altered anything related to the "manifests" in Adobe

5 Please check what you have in your Startup folder and advise.

6 Please check your MSCONFIG startup tab and advise details if anything is set to load in there, related to Adobe

This will help us try to figure out what is likely going on.

Finally

7 You said that the error message still appeared after you had uninstalled all Adobe products ( and rebooted presumably) is that correct?

Regards

paws

You can also try using Process Explorer to see where the error messages are coming from.

 

With the error messae on the screen, start Process Explorer. Left click and hold on the Gunsight (Find Windows Process (Drag over4 window)) icon then drag it over the error message/window and release the button.The process that spawned that message will be highlighted in in blue.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI