Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

big grin WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

We invite you to ask questions, share experiences, and learn. It's 100% free. Did we mention that it's free. It is. It's free. Join 91603 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members with best answers are invited to staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

pceu virus [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#16 robmiller

robmiller

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

infected pc boots, blue screen now replaced by pceu lockout pages

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Tool (FRST written by Farbar) (x86) Version: 12-01-2014 01
Ran by SYSTEM at 2014-01-16 16:41:54 Run:1
Running from H:\
Boot Mode: Recovery

==============================================

Content of fixlist:
Replace:C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\explorer.exe C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Could not find C:\Windows\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\explorer.exe copied successfully to C:\Windows\explorer.exe

==== End of Fixlog ====

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,286 posts
  • Interests:LFC, music, more LFC, more music

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Please try to boot normally.

Remember to take the CD out first.

NINA - Proud graduate of the WTT Classroom

Member of UNITE

The help you receive here is free but if you feel I have helped, you may consider making a Donation.

#18 robmiller

robmiller

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

that was booting normally with cd out. after login went to pceu virus page. machine locked out

#19 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Run RogueKiller

IMPORTANT: Please remove any usb or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!

Close all running programs.

Download one of the following to your desktop according to whether your computer is a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system:

RogueKiller for 32-bit
RogueKiller for 64-bit.

• for Windows Vista/Seven, right click -> run as administrator, for XP simply double-click on RogueKiller.exe
  • when the pre-scan is finished, click on Scan
  • click on Report and copy/paste the content in your next post
  • NOTE: DO NOT attempt to remove anything that the scan detects – everything that is reported is not necessarily bad

If the program is blocked, continue to try it several times. If it still doesn’t work, (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe.

Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your next reply.

Satchfan

Member of UNITE

The help you receive here is free but if you feel I have helped, you may consider making a Donation.

#20 robmiller

robmiller

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

tried to down load roguekiller  link only runs no save option, cannot download on infected pc.

#21 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Download it on the good computer and transfer it to the infected pc.

Member of UNITE

#22 robmiller

robmiller

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:53 AM

it will only run or cancel..  after running the folder on desk top has only 3 files init  hkey local..roguekiller.ini and a dat file

#23 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

That sounds like a "quarantine" folder. The one you are downloading should only be an "exe" file.

Please delete the folder, then click on this 32-bit link and download Rogue Killer again. Transfer only RogueKiller.exe to the infected computer and run it.

Member of UNITE

#24 robmiller

robmiller

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

sorry but couldn't get rogue killer to do anything. in desperation I took out the hard drive of infected pc, set as slave connected to working pc ran a virus check on it deleted the fies it found then reinstalled  it then booted ok saying some fies were missing. reset to earlier date with system restore then ran virus scan and boot scan and deleted all infections. have double checked avast with rogue killer all clear. Thank you for your time in trying to help me. im sorry that I ignored instruction to not do anything without approval but I needed to get at photos and movie clips for a funeral this week and was running out of time.

again thank you for your help.

Robert.

#25 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

im sorry that I ignored instruction to not do anything without approval but I needed to get at photos and movie clips for a funeral this week and was running out of time.

I'm pleased that you have managed to resolve your problem and ther is no need to apologise. We are here to help but as long as the problem gets resolved, that's the main thing.

I'll leave this open for 24 hours in case there is another problem, after which I'll close it.

Regards

Satchfan

Member of UNITE

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.

Member of UNITE