This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Screen Resolution in Online Games has Altered

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

 

I have been playing Big Fish online games for a a couple of weeks now and have had no issues with  them displaying in full screen mode. Nevertheless, from yesterday, there has been a 2 inch black border around the game. Changes to my laptop in the last 2 days include updates to Firefox and a couple of other programs plus the running of Malwarebytes and CCleaner. I have tried altering the screen resolution from the desktop and have also tried to change the screen size through the game options. I am running Windows 8.

Thankyou

 

Belinda

Thanks…I just ran it. 230 issues and all fixed. I tested a game and the small screen still exists. A message in the game options for setting full screen mode states, "enforcing full screen mode because your desktop resolution is too low for windowed mode". But full screen mode did not occur. The screen resolution has always been set at 1366 x 768.

No…. its best to keep well away from any automated registry cleaners/optimisers as sometimes they cause mega problems

 

Any changes made via  "regisrty optimisers/cleaners" are best "undone" using a Registry back up created before running the tool for the first time….

 

If your screen resolution is set to the optimum and the game settings are Ok then a reasonable step to take, is to use a System Restore Point created before the problem started.

Let us know how you get on

Regards

paws

Hi…there was an error with system restore and it was suggested I undo the restore which I did. I then received another error message. The screen resolution still remained small when running a game. I have taken a screenshot which I hope helps. Thanks.

 

 

I see that Avast was mentioned in the System Restore window that appeared in your screen dump. did you try following the steps regarding anti virus and Recovery Console? If not then it would be worth trying.

Regards

paws

Hi Paws
I did as instructed but my laptop is now in limbo. Says system restore is restoring the registry but it just keeps turning over. I'm messaging from my phone.

Hi

In regards to my previous message, I restarted my computer after 40 minutes of inactivity and ran system restore again…there were no hitches this time but the file still failed to be restored. Avast was disconnected for this process.

Did you merge the saved CCleaner registry change back into the registry. If not it would be worth doing I think, unless Paws disagrees.

Should be in your My Documents folder named something like cc_20131223_110540.reg.

 

As you said, right click and merge to put it back.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI