Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Websearch. Searchnewtab, keyword Hijacker. false emails, IE wont work

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#31 NoNo

NoNo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

Hi - Ok I completed the steps. Do you want a report on either? 

Auslogics system health says I have 1,264 registry errors. And only 1.29 GB left on D. Not sure if that matters and I suppose we need to fix the other issues. Now what should I do?

- NoNo

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 NoNo

NoNo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

Do you think that maybe I should uninstall microsoft sec essentials being that it seems that Windows Update stopped working right around the time I started using it? And all the updates  showing in Windows update history were  only from Sec Essentials updates. Just a thought.

#33 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:28 AM

Hi NoNo,

bullseye_zpse9eaf36e.gif Microsoft Security Essentials
  • Go to the Start menu, select All Programs, locate Microsoft Security Essentials and open it.
  • Click on the Update tab and select Update.
  • Close the program when you're done.
=========================

After you ran the Auslogics Disk Defrag program, you should have clicked on the "Clean up disks" as outlined in the image below.

Auslogics_zps4f4e0fd6.gif

If you didn't do that, please re-run Auslogics Disk Defrag, this time at completion choose to clean up disks

bullseye_zpse9eaf36e.gif Reboot

bullseye_zpse9eaf36e.gif Re-run OTL (it should be located on your desktop).
    • Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"
  • Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Uncheck the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open one notepad window. OTL.Txt. (No Extras.txt will be produced)
    Note:The log can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of the file, and post it with your next reply.

In your next post please provide the following:
  • OTL.txt
  • How is the computer running, any remaining issues?

OCD

Proud Graduate of WTT Classroom
Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days

If you are satisfied with the help you have received, please consider making a donation.

#34 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Hi NoNo,

Just checking in to see if you still need help?
OCD

Member of UNITE

If you are satisfied with the help you have received, please consider making a donation.

#35 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread.

New members follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html and start a new topic
OCD

Member of UNITE