Thanks! So I did delete Java 7 Update 45 via the Control Panel. That is the only thing I saw that I could delete, so hopefully that takes care of Java on my computer.
I also downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials. It ran a Quick Scan automatically after download and found nothing.
Finally, I downloaded Avast (I opted for Avast Pro Antivirus). The browser check deleted a couple of files, the Startup Scan found nothing.
The antivirus Quickscan found 12 threat files and several warning files where the archive was password protected. It fixed those automatically but there are still some in both categories listed. Not sure what should be done next.
The computer seems to be running okay. I think the resolving host problem is gone, because pages load fast again. I still see the arrow icon circling when I'm not doing anything, but it may be my imagination that that's a concern. I do have a log from the avast scan that ran overnight last night if you want to see that.
No problem. Here is the log from last night. I don't have a log from the QuickScan that was done when I first installed the program because I didn't know you had to set it to save a log in text format. Please note the results from the following scan indicated that "Some files could not be scanned".
*
* avast! Scan Report
* This file is generated automatically
*
* Scan name: Full system scan
* Started on: Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:10:04 AM
* VPS: 131228-1, 12/28/2013
*
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\bgbutton.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\bgbuttonfinished.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\bgcloseprogram.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\bgdownloadbarempty.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\bgdownloadbarerror.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\bgdownloadbarfull.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\bgheadererror.gif [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\bglistbullet.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\buttoncenter.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\buttoncenterhighlight.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\buttonleft.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\buttonlefthighlight.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\buttonright.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\buttonrighthighlight.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\iconblank.gif [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\iconcomplete.gif [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\iconcompleteerror.gif [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\iconerror.gif [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\iconHeader.png [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\jsparrowdown.gif [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\jsparrowup.gif [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>images\logoadobe.gif [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_css\default.css [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_css\openx.css [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-cs.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-da.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-de.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-en.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-es.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-fi.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-fr.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-hr.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-hu.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-it.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-ja.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-ko.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-nl.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-no.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-pl.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-pt.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-ro.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-ru.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-sk.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-sl.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-sv.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-tr.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-ua.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-zh-cn.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\language-zh-tw.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\main-merge.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\omniture_s_code.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>_js\pdc_s_code_sc.js [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>app.config.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>bundles.json [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>download.solidconfig [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>downloader.bundle [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>gccheck.exe [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>gdrcheck.exe [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>gtbcheck.exe [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>index.html [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-cs.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-da.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-de.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-es.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-fi.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-fr.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-hr.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-hu.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-it.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-ja.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-ko.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-nl.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-no.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-pl.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-pt.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-ro.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-ru.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-sk.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-sl.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-sv.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-tr.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-ua.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-zh-cn.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language-zh-tw.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>language.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>launcher.bundle [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>logo.ico [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>openx.html [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
C:\Users\hw\Downloads\install_flashplayer11x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe|>window.config.xml [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
Infected files: 0
Total files: 405279
Total folders: 33356
Total size: 91.6 GB
*
* Scan stopped: Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:10:37 AM
* Run-time was 4 hour(s), 0 second(s)
*
What I notice is not shown on the above log are the threats that were isolated by avast previously last night. I see these in the scan results for the previous scan within the program, but I can't find a separate text log for those.Those threats are listed in the program as follows:
All three of the above files are listed as high severity and with a status of "Threat:MBR:Alureon-B [Rtk]". Then there are the following 12 files:
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\10ZM9PXD\banner[2].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\10ZM9PXD\banner[3].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\7A7WIC4R\banner[4].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\9PD84EOE\banner[1].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CH2TWZ1M\1362883625078_65500804515988[1].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\EY0DK70S\01[1].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FGXS1X2T\1362883625078_65500804515988[1].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FGXS1X2T\1362883625078_65500804515988[2].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\M9H5F2DU\1362883625078_65500804515988[1].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\NFUMJGGW\1362883625078_65500804515988[1].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\PL1JH7CS\1362883625078_65500804515988[1].htm
C:/Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\UCG9SIPG\banner[4].htm
The above 12 files are all listed with High severity and as status "Threat:JS:ScriptPE-inf[Trj]".
Please note that all 15 of those files not included in the log were "Moved to chest" by Avast with Result listing of "Action successful".
So that's everything that Avast did since I installed it last night. Hope this provides more insight.
That all looks good then. They are all quarantined already and will be removed when we uninstall our tools. The entries not able to be scanned by Avast are known problems that will be fixed in some of their upcoming updates.
Providing there are no other malware related problems…
IT APPEARS THAT THE LOGS WE HAVE NOW ARE NOW CLEAN! GREAT JOB!!
This infection appears to have been cleared, but I can not give you any absolute guarantees. As a precaution, I would go ahead and change all of your passwords as this is especially important after an infection.
———-
The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
Press the Windows key + R and this will open the Run text box. Copy/paste the following text into the Run box as shown and click OK. Combofix /Uninstall (Note: There is a space between the ..X and the /U that needs to be there.)
[external image: jEuYelX.jpg]
———-
[external image: ttLR1ki.jpg] Clean up with OTL:
Right-click and Run as Administrator OTL.exe to start the program.
Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
———-
[external image: 81mYIKe.jpg]AdwCleaner
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again.
Click on the Uninstall button.
Click Yes when asked are you sure you want to uninstall.
Both AdwCleaner.exe, its folder and all logs will be removed.
————–
Any of the logs that you created for use in the forums or remaining tools that have not yet been removed can be deleted so they aren't cluttering up your desktop. If you did not have Malwarebytes Antimalware before, I would keep it and run it weekly.
———-
Here are some tips to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:
1.Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
Click once on the Security tab
Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
Click once on the Custom Level button.
Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
2.FireFox If you use Firefox, I recommend installing the following add-ons to help make your Firefox browser more secure: NoScript AdBlock Plus
3.Use and update an anti-virus software - I can not overemphasize the need for you to use and update your anti-virus application on a regular basis. With the ever increasing number of new variants of malware arriving on the scene daily, you become very susceptible to an attack without updated protection.
4.Firewall
Using a third-party firewall will allow you to give/deny access for applications that want to go online. Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. Simply using a firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly. **There are firewalls that could be downloaded and used but I would personally only recommend using one of the following below: Online Armor Free Agnitum Outpost Firewall Free Comodo Firewall Free
5.Make sure you keep your Windows OS current. Windows XP users can visit Windows update regularly to download and install any critical updates and service packs. Windows Vista/7 users can open the Start menu > All Programs > Windows Update > Check for Updates (in left hand task pane) to update these systems. Without these you are leaving the back door open.
6.WOT (Web of Trust) As "Googling" is such an integral part of internet life, this free browser add on warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. It is especially helpful when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites. WOT has an add-on available for Firefox, Internet Explorer as well as Google Chrome.
7. Finally, I strongly recommend that you read Miekiemoes' great advice How to prevent malware.
Please reply to this thread once more if you are satisfied so that we can mark the problem as resolved.
———-
I have followed all of the above instructions. I ended up selecting Online Armor. I hope it is okay to run that with the Microsoft Security Essentials and the Avast Pro Antivirus.
On the steps to make Internet Explorer safer, I did not see any option for "Installation of desktop items to Prompt". Therefore, I was unable to execute that one part of those instructions. I'm running IE 9, so I'm not sure if the wording might have changed? I looked for references to desktop, but couldn't find one.
During that whole process, I had one episode of not being able to find a server on Firefox, but that was the only glitch like the ones I had before. Things are running slightly more slowly, but I assume that is due to the add-ons I've added per the instructions.
If all that is not something I should be concerned about, then I think I can say my computer is fixed! I will need to do all the same stuff on my desktop too. Should I make a new thread request for help with that? I am not sure exactly what is wrong with the desktop other than it runs ridiculously slow despite having enough memory and all that (as far as I can tell) but I was going to follow the steps from the help file to do the virus/malware check.
Thank you so much. I appreciate all your help.
hw
Edit: I will also be making a donation to the Wounded Warrior project. I printed out the form to mail in a donation, as the website requires Java ;). Feeling more secure without it is worth the extra step though!
I think that you should be just fine with the firewall that you have chosen. It is very good and compatible with the antivirus.
Thanks for letting me know about the step concerning Internet Explorer….they are mostly just recommendations and not absolutes by any means so nothing to be greatly concerned about at all.
Firefox seems to be a bit glitchy for me as well right now. Anyway…. slowness of a system can be caused by many things with malware only being one of them. From everything I was seeing in the logs that we made, there is no malware in there.
If you would like help with another system, then starting a new topic is best so that there is no confusion with the results of one system being mistaken for another. If you would like to start a new topic and have me specifically help you, be sure to put my name in the subject or if it doesn't matter, then one of us will get to you as quickly as possible.
Thanks so much for the consideration of the donation to WWP. It is very kind of you!! If that is too much (I know how the holiday season is LOL) simply just pressing the Like This button on this reply is fine too. Either way, I was happy to help.
Thanks so much for the consideration of the donation to WWP. It is very kind of you!! If that is too much (I know how the holiday season is LOL) simply just pressing the Like This button on this reply is fine too. Either way, I was happy to help.
No problem. Both are taken care of!
I will be putting in a new request on the desktop this weekend, then! I will request your assistance specifically if you don't mind.
One last question on this computer: I received a notification from Online Armor asking about running "clmp3enc.acm". A quick internet search tells me that this is related to "Power2Go" and is possibly needed from running sound. But I just wanted to check with you as one last precaution before you close out this ticket.
I will be putting in a new request on the desktop this weekend, then! I will request your assistance specifically if you don't mind.
No problem at all. If I happen to miss it, just send me a Private Message (PM) and remind me.
———————
The entry being found by Online Armor is nothing to worry about. Whenever a firewall sees something that it is not familiar with on that system for the first time, it will ask you to be on the safe side. You can look at the file information here if you like.
Cool! Thanks, Jeff! Your assistance has been great and definitely fixed this problem.
Hope to talk to you soon on the desktop! Take care!
Many thanks,
hw