Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

pc slows down to crawling pace [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#31 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

Daz Studio Pro is downloaded, but I have a copy on my spare HD. It's the very latest version.

It's a very resource hungry program when it's rendering (you create 3d models in the basic prog and then render  them at hires) and it's then that the problems happen. It happens with other programs as well, though, namely browser, word etc. I haven't found any ref to it in any of Daz's forums.

I thought it was hardware problem on the other laptop, but on reflection, that only happened after windows updates as well ... there were a lot to download on that one as I hadn't done any since I had it. Also as it's happened on both it must be related to something I'm running

After loading the upgrades from Microsoft I got the message that CTRL+ALT+DEL would not allow me to log in (or some similar message) and that if it persisted to use ESC or restart. It went away and I got in OK. but it also happened when it restarted. It's not happening now though. (this is what happened before too)

I have just run DAZ Studio as Administator and done a simple render and it worked OK, although on a second go some of the controls didn't work properly- but that could just be Daz misbehving as normal. However, I tried that with Word but I still got the same fadeout, spinning circle, and 'not responding' for a bit before I could edit the file.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hi fellfromgrace,

Are you trying to run other programs while DAZ Studio is still open?

You only have 4 GIG of RAM (Random Access Memory), this may not be sufficient since you said DAZ is "very resource hungry program."
4.00 Gb Total Physical Memory | 2.05 Gb Available Physical Memory | 51.22% Memory free

Try exiting out of DAZ completely before trying to complete other tasks, see if that eases the problem.
OCD

Proud Graduate of WTT Classroom
Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days

If you are satisfied with the help you have received, please consider making a donation.

#33 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

It doesn't seem to make any difference if anything else is running or not. I do realise it's pushing this old bus to try and run it here, but it was actually running ok just before I updated windows. ( I was running it on the other laptop, which is 8gb and an i7 before it stopped working ok, and do have an upgrade kit for this older one, a new processor and an 8gb memory kit)

I've atttached a screenshot of processes running from task manager, in case this gives any clues ...

#34 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

PS this version of DAZ Studio (4.6) does actually (or rather did actually) run better on this pc than the older version, v3

#35 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

oh dear I just re read yours and realise you didn't mean exit everything else and run DAZ but exit DAZ and run other things! But that makes no difference to the slow start thing on Word. Firefox seems to be behaving itself irrespective though

#36 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hi fellfromgrace,

You appear to have 2 choices. Restore the computer back to before you updated Windows, which I don't really recommend because you should always keep your operating system up to date with the latest SP's to ensure you have the most current patches and security updates. Or go ahead and upgrade the system resources and see if that corrects the issue.

I've atttached a screenshot of processes running from task manager, in case this gives any clues ...

It seems you didn't attach the screenshot successfully.
OCD

Member of UNITE

If you are satisfied with the help you have received, please consider making a donation.

#37 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

yeah, I'm not sure if restoring Windows back will totally cure the problem but it might be an idea to di so and then keep that pc to run DAZ on and NOT really use the internet, clean out other laptop and use that for everything else.

yes I forgot to hit 'attach this file' but with any luck it's attached now! :-)Screenshot 2013-11-12 18.46.45.png

#38 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hi fellfromgrace,

Open Task Manager again, and in the bottom left hand corner click the "Show processes from all users" and take a new screen shot.

fellfromgrace_zps47052574.gif
OCD

Member of UNITE

#39 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

sorry, had to go to sleep!

here we are then, three screenshots:Screenshot 2013-11-13 10.03.42.png Screenshot 2013-11-13 10.04.40.png Screenshot 2013-11-13 10.06.09.png

#40 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hi fellfromgrace,

The only item I can see that seems to be using a fair amount of your CPU is your password manager Dashlane. How long have you used this program?

OCD

Member of UNITE

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#41 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

Hi OCD, looks like it was January I started using it ...

#42 OCD

OCD

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hi fellfromgrace,

looks like it was January I started using it ...

So that doesn't seem to be the issue, since it ran OK for so long. Just might be time to upgrade.

We have removed all the malware that was present on your computer, so the lack of responsiveness of your computer is more of a system resource issue. The resolution to that issue is a decision for you.

Let me know what you would like to do. We have a little housekeeping to do before we can wrap this up.
OCD

Member of UNITE

#43 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi OCD

I had a busy night before I finally went off at about 1am ...  After spending some time to see if any reported issues with DAZ and not finding any relevant ones, I ran Revo to uninstall some bloatware that came with the laptop and also a few other bits and pieces. Windows update asked to run and I had a look at the install log from last time, It seemed it was interrupted and didn't finish.

So I ran it again, and this time it did finish but there were still a load if things marked 'failed' I checked how to fix this and ran 3 fixes from Microsoft and then tried again. Still failures. Eventually after investigating Microsoft help, I started in a clean boot and finally got everything updated.

However, then Comodo said I had a security issue, and wanted me to talk to geek buddy. Was too tired, so am running a quick scan with MalwareBytes before I go out this morning. Also noted that AVAST is still present so will run Revo again to delete all traces. Will report back later ...

#44 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi OCD

I had a busy night before I finally went off at about 1am ...  After spending some time to see if any reported issues with DAZ and not finding any relevant ones, I ran Revo to uninstall some bloatware that came with the laptop and also a few other bits and pieces. Windows update asked to run and I had a look at the install log from last time, It seemed it was interrupted and didn't finish.

So I ran it again, and this time it did finish but there were still a load if things marked 'failed' I checked how to fix this and ran 3 fixes from Microsoft and then tried again. Still failures. Eventually after investigating Microsoft help, I started in a clean boot and finally got everything updated.

However, then Comodo said I had a security issue, and wanted me to talk to geek buddy. Was too tired, so am running a quick scan with MalwareBytes before I go out this morning. Also noted that AVAST is still present so will run Revo again to delete all traces. Will report back later ...

#45 fellfromgrace

fellfromgrace

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

Here's what the MBW quick scan opriduce (no problems) ... I still have to test out DAZ et al though

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.11.10.04

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Lorna :: LORNA-PC [administrator]

14/11/2013 00:52:58
mbam-log-2013-11-14 (00-52-58).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 254002
Time elapsed: 36 minute(s), 52 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0