Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Malware - scorpionsaver windows 8 (won't uninstall) [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 notsotechy

notsotechy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

My initial reaction was to uninstall Scorpionsaver. I didn't know it would reinstall itself because it was still enabled in the browsers. I usually use Mozilla. I disabled it but of course, it is too late having reinstalled itself and will not anymore. I even downloaded Spy2bot and it didn't recognize it as Malware. I have an HP Envy Windows 8, new laptop. How on earth do I remove this thing? Please help!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Jo*

Jo*

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

:welcome:

Hello notsotechy,

my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.

Please be advised that I am currently in training, so my responses will need to be approved by one of our experts before I post them. This is only to ensure you are receiving accurate instructions. It may cause a delay in my replies.

Please follow these guidelines:
  • Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.
  • Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.
  • print or copy & save instructions.
  • Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.
  • Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.
  • Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.
  • Ask for clarification, if you have any questions.
  • Stay with this topic ‘til you get the “all clean” post.
  • My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
I will return as soon as possible with more instructions.

Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Cheers,
Jo

#3 Jo*

Jo*

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hello notsotechy,

1. Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

2. Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.

3. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.
  • Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.
  • Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up all your data before using.
  • Scan your system for malware
  • If malware is found - do not to press the Clean up button, please go to the MBAR folder and then copy/paste the contents of the MBAR-log-***.txt file to your next reply.
If there is no malware found, please let me know as well.

Cheers,
Jo

#4 Jo*

Jo*

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hi, it has been several days since I sent my last set of instructions to help with your computer problem. Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help. Note: Threads will be closed if no response after 3 days.
Cheers,
Jo

#5 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread.

New members follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html and start a new topic

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015