Malware - scorpionsaver windows 8 (won't uninstall) [Closed]
Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:05 PM
Register to Remove
Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:36 AM
my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.
Please be advised that I am currently in training, so my responses will need to be approved by one of our experts before I post them. This is only to ensure you are receiving accurate instructions. It may cause a delay in my replies.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.
- Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.
- print or copy & save instructions.
- Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.
- Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.
- Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.
- Ask for clarification, if you have any questions.
- Stay with this topic ‘til you get the “all clean” post.
- My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:39 PM
1. Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
2. Download OTL to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.
3. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.
- Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.
- Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up all your data before using.
- Scan your system for malware
- If malware is found - do not to press the Clean up button, please go to the MBAR folder and then copy/paste the contents of the MBAR-log-***.txt file to your next reply.
Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:16 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users