I'm sorry please do not close thread. After following all your instructions exactly, my computer will no longer boot into windows or run a restore point either. I'm trying to get it to boot back up into windows so I can post the log you requested. Any suggestions on what I should do? I did not attempt to run any fix with any of the programs you instructed me to scan my PC with. ???????? Please help
we could try using Last Known Good Configuration (LKGC).
Restart your computer.
As the computer is starting, press the F8 key once every second.
Choose to boot from the Last Known Good Configuration.
If you are booting into Vista / Windows 7/8, select Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced).
Press the Enter key.
The computer will load the last known good configuration.
Do you see the Windows logo during boot up? Please describe what happens during the boot process.
e.g. the computer just reboots itself without Windows animation logo,
the computer freezes etc.
Here is what I did. I used my cell phone to record a video of the computer booting up so you can see it, this way you may see something that is very important that I may not know to look for. I'm uploading video with this post. It is in mp4 format.
Due to the 2 mb limitation per upload I can not upload the video here because it is 90 mb. I will upload it to my dropbox account.
Ok. Here is the link to the video in my dropbox account. Please click the link below to view the video.+
Now I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that I started the last scan and went to work, and this started to happen after another person walked by and saw that a notification popped up near the clock wanting to restart the computer. It was the notification with the dropdown box that you can choose "Postpone for 10 minutes" "Postpone for an hour" and so on. She clicked restart now. And that was the last time the OS was running.
I followed your instructions and it looks like it's gonna work. I chose the oldest one I have on my PC which is a restore point from 9/24/2013 and it is running now. Hopefully it works and boots back into the OS.
All of the restore points that I had on my PC were unable to restore the system files.
The startup repair option did not work either. I tried just about everything on that menu. I eventually just reformatted the PC back to the Factory Dell Image and it is now booted up into windows and running just fine.
But I lost EVERYTHING!!!! That sucks, but I'm just glad my PC's back up and running.
Thank You for your time and help. I really appreciate the effort and quick response you put into my thread. Thank you