Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Win 7 runs so slow and freezes constantly [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#16 oreo918

oreo918

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

I'm sorry please do not close thread. After following all your instructions exactly, my computer will no longer boot into windows or run a restore point either. I'm trying to get it to boot back up into windows so I can post the log you requested. Any suggestions on what I should do? I did not attempt to run any fix with any of the programs you instructed me to scan my PC with. ???????? Please help

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Jo*

Jo*

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Hi oreo918,

we could try using Last Known Good Configuration (LKGC).

Restart your computer.
As the computer is starting, press the F8 key once every second.
Choose to boot from the Last Known Good Configuration.
  • If you are booting into Vista / Windows 7/8, select Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced).
  • Press the Enter key.
The computer will load the last known good configuration.

Do you see the Windows logo during boot up? Please describe what happens during the boot process.
e.g. the computer just reboots itself without Windows animation logo,
the computer freezes etc.

Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Cheers,
Jo

#18 oreo918

oreo918

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Here is what I did. I used my cell phone to record a video of the computer booting up so you can see it, this way you may see something that is very important that I may not know to look for. I'm uploading video with this post. It is in mp4 format.

Due to the 2 mb limitation per upload I can not upload the video here because it is 90 mb. I will upload it to my dropbox account.
Ok. Here is the link to the video in my dropbox account. Please click the link below to view the video.+

https://www.dropbox....2...5819[1].mp4

Now I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that I started the last scan and went to work, and this started to happen after another person walked by and saw that a notification popped up near the clock wanting to restart the computer. It was the notification with the dropdown box that you can choose "Postpone for 10 minutes" "Postpone for an hour" and so on. She clicked restart now. And that was the last time the OS was running.

#19 Jo*

Jo*

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

Hi oreo918,

Restart your computer.

As the computer is starting, continue tapping F8 as before and select Repair your computer option.

start the windows 7 recovery-environment and try to run system restore from there.

Choose a restore point that is more than one week old!
Cheers,
Jo

#20 oreo918

oreo918

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

I followed your instructions and it looks like it's gonna work. I chose the oldest one I have on my PC which is a restore point from 9/24/2013 and it is running now. Hopefully it works and boots back into the OS. All of the restore points that I had on my PC were unable to restore the system files. The startup repair option did not work either. I tried just about everything on that menu. I eventually just reformatted the PC back to the Factory Dell Image and it is now booted up into windows and running just fine. But I lost EVERYTHING!!!! That sucks, but I'm just glad my PC's back up and running. Thank You for your time and help. I really appreciate the effort and quick response you put into my thread. Thank you

Edited by oreo918, 26 October 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#21 Jo*

Jo*

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Sorry to hear about that. You are very welcome, oreo918.
Cheers,
Jo

#22 Conspire

Conspire

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 5,806 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Member of UNITE
The help you receive here is always free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may Posted Image
Posted Image