This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

C Documents and settings system 32 [Solved]

21 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

It was just a bunch of adwares and unwanted toolbars on your PC. Nothing major from the way it seems.

MBAM got rid of the remnants found, so there should be no problem there.

For your Windows Security Center not detecting issue, please try this :-

1. Go to control panel and open Administrative tools.
2. Click on services.
3. Go down to Windows Managament Instrumentation.
4. Stop this service. Stop Security Center service too.
Let them to Automatically start.
5. Exit out of this area to your desktop.
6. Right click Start and choose Explore.
7. Go to c:\windows\system32\wbem\repository. <— delete this folder.
Delete this subdirectory ONLY. Let the others there.
Hi Conspire, Ok great will follow those instruction for firewall and security. Do you think it would be ok to just do a system restore though or would I be up against the same problems? thank you. tletch
Better not to. You will be restoring the infections back again and the things we did previously will be wasted. Unless there's an absolute need, it is strongly advice to refrain from using system restore. Unless you've created a clean one. Let me know how it goes.
Hi Conspire, I did the following: Go down to Windows Managament Instrumentation. 4. Stop this service. I could not find where to- Stop Security Center service Then while wanting to follow your instructions: Let them to Automatically start. 5. Exit out of this area to your desktop 6. Right click Start and choose Explore. 7. Go to c:\windows\system32\wbem\repository. <— delete this folder. Delete this subdirectory ONLY. Let the others there. I found the WBEM and below it after the plus sign after the following folders Auto recover Logs + MOF Performance -Repository FS SNMP XML and so forth I don't want to make a move until I clearly understand if you want me to only delete the Repository because if I do so then I will probably lose it's subfolder FS Inside of the repository is a temp file $WinMgmt.Config I know that my computer was doing some crazy stuff and this ($WinMgmt.Config) may be the culprit because it never did the following before- While I was working on a word document I would get a temporary document with the $ in front of it until I closed down the word document. I will wait to hear from you before I proceed with the deletion of my repository and before I reinstall Microsoft 2007. I have Carbonite though so I am not sure if it backs up my emails and think I should probably call them first. Oh BTW got my new radiator put in (huge savings since me and friend did it). Total time 3 hours Luckily I have a neighbor that's a plumber cause the new one did not include the O rings so we got that from him and he helped us with the following- tightening brass nut and pipe fitting where coolant goes into transmission- that gave us some trouble (still leaked) untl plumber gave us some teflon tape! Thanks and sorry to babble about radiator! tletch
H Conpire, Update I reinstalled my Norton and Constant Guard. I spoke with representative at Carbonite. All of files and emails are backed up. Will probably reinstall Microsoft tomorrow. If need be I can download my old stuff and scan it before I install it. thanks for all your help and again I apologize about my lengthy post earlier about my radiator. tletch
tletch,

Generally, it's never a good idea to install multiple security programs due to the reason being that they might crash a machine giving blue screen because of conflicting information happening within the system. Therefore, it is not advisable to have both Norton and Constant Guard together as your anti-virus. How long have you purchased Norton and Constant Guard?

Oh BTW got my new radiator put in (huge savings since me and friend did it). Total time 3 hours

Luckily I have a neighbor that's a plumber cause the new one did not include the O rings so we got that from him and he helped
us with the following- tightening
brass nut and pipe fitting where coolant goes into transmission- that gave us some trouble (still leaked) untl plumber gave us some
teflon tape!

Good thing that you have a friend who knows how to replace a radiator in a car and more so even willing to help you out at no cost!

I guess it saves you a lot of trouble and time looking for O-rings that wasn't included with the radiator. It's quite ridiculous though; I mean even the replacement for toilet flushing system does normally include O-rings in it. Lucky you had a plumber neighbour. :lol:
Hi Conspire, I did not know Constant Guard and Norton were different programs. I guess I should double check that since both are supplied by Comcast for free. Yes, it was a relief my neighbor helped out and my friend with the radiator, but still not sure if it's not leaking. Will check later today when friend comes over. Still need to reinstall Windows so I can get my new printer up. guess I will see how difficult the installation is in a while. thanks for all your help. tletch
Hmm.. not sure how this works in the US though.. I don't reside in the States so I'm going have to ask my colleagues about Constant Guard and Norton. BTW, are you intending to install the whole operating system? Because initially I was asking you if you had installation DVD for Microsoft Office.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI