Well that sucks.
It's not seeing a Windows OS installed.
If you select the last one nothing will happen.
Either one of the others what will happen is you will lose everything and will have to re-install all the software.
Are you sure your main drive is the G:
Its a Dell. I'm pretty sure that my main hard drive was G: I bought it used off of an x business associate a couple years ago. But he has since moved to another country. So, I have no way of getting a hold of him either, sorry. I remember him telling me that the hard drive was partitioned. And again, I'm almost positive that the main drive was G:
but it was saying before something about not installing more than one operating system on the partition, so it sounds like it might be seeing another operating system there, doesn't it?
What about that thing that the combofix put on my computer a while ago when I had problems before? Isn't that some kind of recovery? Although, I think I might have tried clicking on that before but nothing happened. Can't really remember now though.
If absolutely have to reinstall the OS, I guess I really wouldn't have any other choice. At least I could get my computer working again. Would be nice to try and save some documents and things I had before but if I can't then I guess I can't.
Thanks so much again for all your help! I really appreciate you taking your valuable time out to help me!!!
What about that thing that the combofix put on my computer a while ago when I had problems before? Isn't that some kind of recovery? Although, I think I might have tried clicking on that before but nothing happened. Can't really remember now though.
Sometimes it takes a little while to be able to get to that recovery console part since it keeps going into sleep mode. For some reason, it seems to work best a little earlier than this time of day. But, I also have to run out for a little. So, it might be a little before I get back to you, if thats alright.
Thanks again!
Sometimes it takes a little while to be able to get to that recovery console part since it keeps going into sleep mode. For some reason, it seems to work best a little earlier than this time of day. But, I also have to run out for a little. So, it might be a little before I get back to you, if thats alright.
Thanks again!
I'm so sorry, I had to go out of town for a few days. But I'll be back tomorrow(Monday) and will try to get to the Microsoft Recovery console. As soon as I do, I will let you know. Thanks again for all your help!
Thank you so much! I finally got to the Microsoft Recovery Console but then I clicked on it to get into it this is what came up………….
Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.
So, I'm not sure that this is going to work either. I'm so sorry I'm having so many problems.
Thanks again!
Lets try booting from the Windows CD again only this time select R.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted.
When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
At the windows prompt type in: Fixboot and tap enter key
Type in Exit and try to reboot normal.
If that doesn't work, go through the same steps but use: FIXMBR and tap enter key
Type in Exit and try to reboot normal.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI