This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

unknown!? (not sure how I should know name of virus?)

16 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

ok, here goes: Log Opened: 2013-07-03 @ 01:27:59 01:27:59 - —————– 01:27:59 - | Begin Logging | 01:27:59 - —————– 01:27:59 - Fix started on a WIN_XP X86 computer 01:27:59 - Prep in progress. Please Wait. 01:28:11 - Prep complete 01:28:11 - Repairing Services Now. Please wait… The operation completed successfully INFO: The restore action ignores the object name parameter (paths are read from the backup file). However, other actions that require the object name may be combined with -restore. INFORMATION: Input file for restore operation opened: '.\XP\BITS.sddl' INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: SetACL finished successfully. The operation completed successfully INFO: The restore action ignores the object name parameter (paths are read from the backup file). However, other actions that require the object name may be combined with -restore. INFORMATION: Input file for restore operation opened: '.\XP\SharedAccess.sddl' INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: SetACL finished successfully. The operation completed successfully INFO: The restore action ignores the object name parameter (paths are read from the backup file). However, other actions that require the object name may be combined with -restore. INFORMATION: Input file for restore operation opened: '.\XP\wscsvc.sddl' INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: SetACL finished successfully. The operation completed successfully INFO: The restore action ignores the object name parameter (paths are read from the backup file). However, other actions that require the object name may be combined with -restore. INFORMATION: Input file for restore operation opened: '.\XP\wuauserv.sddl' INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: INFORMATION: Restoring SD of: SetACL finished successfully. 01:28:22 - Services Repair Complete. 01:28:35 - Reboot Initiated
when I try to download itunes–from the apple site-it insists I dont have the latest version–I do have it–if I try to update to it again (windows 8) I get a notice saying "you have this already!" …and so it goes around and around the hamster wheel—Thats what I need help with
Itunes downloaded, but when it came time to install, I get this box: "Service 'apple mobile device' failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient priviledges to start system services." then it has three buttons to choose from: "abort, retry, or ignore"——which one means I'm verifying??? the only valid option I can fathom is retry—which of course brought me back to: the box… I dont need itunes this badly!!!!!!!! but the principle of the thing and the depth of the insanity of what should be so freeking simple—its causing me undue stress, I may have to give up. I have yet to look at your link from apple, but thats probably one of the many I now have in my favorites…. hey–can I get remote assistance for this?? anyway, I'll come back to it tomorrow–I gotta go decompress…thanks so much for all your efforts–really I appreciate all you've done, and my pc is faster, thanks to you!!
There is probably some simple setting, or some dependency service that needs to be started, but unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with itunes,

what you might want to do is start a new topic in our 'other software" forum

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=124

the expert techs there may have a solution for you as they may be more familiar with the program and/or what in WEindows may be causing it to fail, so give that a try

link back to this topic so they can see what we have tried already.

Let me know how it goes

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI