turtleback
The part about needing the USB flash drive never came up. I don't know if I did it right. Here's the log:
At this point. I think I'm done. I don't think anything we did fixed the problem, but ad block catches all the banner ads. I don't want to continue. Thank you for all your help.
HitmanPro 3.7.6.201 www.hitmanpro.com Computer name . . . . : ACER-925BE1910B Windows . . . . . . . : 5.1.3.2600.X86/2 User name . . . . . . : ACER-925BE1910B\David License . . . . . . . : Free Scan date . . . . . . : 2013-07-15 22:17:51 Scan mode . . . . . . : Normal Scan duration . . . . : 2m 30s Disk access mode . . : Direct disk access (SRB) Cloud . . . . . . . . : Internet Reboot . . . . . . . : No Threats . . . . . . . : 0 Traces . . . . . . . : 42 Objects scanned . . . : 649,769 Files scanned . . . . : 7,280 Remnants scanned . . : 57,917 files / 584,572 keys Repairs _____________________________________________________________________ hosts C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ Cookies _____________________________________________________________________ C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies:ad.yieldmanager.com C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies:doubleclick.net C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies:invitemedia.com C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies:media6degrees.com
At this point. I think I'm done. I don't think anything we did fixed the problem, but ad block catches all the banner ads. I don't want to continue. Thank you for all your help.