Here is what I get when I go to open Firefox. I have shut off the computer completely and it still stays there. I can get around it by opening something else first and the my yahoo and it works. anyone know how to get rid of it?πCapture.JPG
Thanks.
This does not sound like a malware issue, but an issue with your Firefox browser. I'm going to suggest first that you check out the troubleshooting tips found here, and I'm going to move this thread to our Browsers, Internet and Email forum where you are likely to get some better help on this topic.
Of course, if you don't get answers there, we can certainly take a look for malware, but based on what I see in the knowledge base for Mozilla, this doesn't appear to be malware related.
hi Lee nice to talk to you again. I Just reinstalled ff and it took care of the error problem. Now we will just see if malware bytes stays with us. Thanks
Well the malwarebytes has left me already, mustn't like my home. Another thing that is happening and this I think I did. It says my personal files could be in danger because they aren't backed up. I think I deleted something that said "PC", cause it was always popping up as an ad wanting me to buy something. I think I got rid of the place where they do an automatic restore points where my pictures go. Can you tell me where pictures normally go and I can check. I do back up my hard drive once a week on the external drive, but this one will. Windows cannot find the disk where your backups are being saved. I just plugged in my hard drive just now to see if that was it. Boy that was confusing, don't even know what I said. Before I got the hard drive I never got that error. Now that I have a external one, even not plugged in, now I am getting that error. It says "PC backup removed from computer", "back up personal files only".
So I must have deleted something that they went to before the external hard drive. Any ideas
With the latest version of Malwarebytes, the trial version is installed by default.
However, during the install there is a check mark available to activate the 14 day trial; if you do not want to activate the trial then uncheck this option during the install process.
Hope this clears up that issue for you.
Satchfan
note:However, during the install there is a check mark available to activate the 14 day trial; if you do not want to activate the trial then uncheck this option during the install process.
Download malwarebytes latest version again and install but uncheck that above option to make sure Malwarebytes stays. And when you have it installed, run a scan as you may have a malware infection.
I have Downloaded malwarebytes where it says nothing about a trial. And it disappeared from my computer. I have also downloaded it where there is a trial. And I uncheck it and it still goes away. It just doesn't like my computer
The link I provided is to the free version of Malwarebytes. Unlike the trial version, it possibly didn't have that box that needs unticking.
What do you mean by ' just goes away' ?
You installed it and no trace of it is on your computer?
Type Malwarebytes into the start menu search box. If it really isn't there then I suggest you may have a melware infection and need to open a thread in the melware forum to check it out. Please include a link to this page.
Next time you update or install MalwareBytes DO NOT leave the box checked to run the trial. You can uninstall and reinstall until you are blue in the face, the expired trial will not go away until you run the clean up tool.
Lee, I wasn't aware of a "free" version. Have you tried this download to see if it does as you suggest? I thought there was only one version of MalwareBytes and you could activate the "pro" or "trial" features at any time.
Edit: I just found this from the website: Editorβs note : The free edition offers users the option of installing a trial version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro.β
Its the same download you get from the malwarebytes website. It will continue to try to push a trial down your throat.
No, it is not the same version as the trial version at all and there is no box to untick.
Yes, the free edition does offer a free trial of Melwarebytes Pro "as anoption" (always has), but you have to ask for it and it never bombards you with "upgrade now" popups or suggestions. Not even one.
You install the free version and that's it. There is no automatic 14 day trial unless you untick a box. That's the way malwarebytes used to be until they became very pushy fairly recently. Malwarebytes still offer the "free edition", but they keep it very well hidden on their sites as they want you to download the 14day trial version. That's why my link is not to a Mawarebytes site.
Having said all that, I would recommend buying the Pro version to anyone (no personal affiliations). I certainly have it.
Lee, you didn't understand what I am saying. There is no Free or Pro version download. Its all ONE and the SAME download. The different is, do you activate the Pro component or not. Even if you go directly to malwarebytes.org and BUY the product, the program you download is still the free version with the same option to start the trial. Then you activate it with the code they provide.
Its the same download here:
πShot1.png
Here:
πShot2.png
AND here:
πshot4.png
They ALL end up with this result here:
πShot3.png
The difference is, do you UNCHECK the already checked box to start a trial or not. If you don't believe me, try it. I understand the people over at MalwareBytes need to make some money off this stuff. But, they have resorted to the same slimy tactics as the crapware creators. MalwareBytes is a great product, but I'm getting a little tired of people calling me because the last time they updated MalwareBytes they left the "enable free trial" box checked and now they keep seeing how it is expired. They don't know what they are doing, and malwarebytes knows that, and its the same slimy tactics crapware creators use to get their toolbars, reg cleaners, and fix it programs installed on everybody's computers. So, you won't get an argument out of me that the product is great, but I'm not going to defend the company for this one tactic they "recently" started using. If your product is so great, convince people to buy the product instead of tricking them into it.
I just uninstalled Mbam and re-installed using the "Free" link.
At the end it came up with the "Free Trial" box. It then told me the database was 131 days out of date and when I agreed to update it, I was told that was an old version of Mbam and it installed a newer one over it.
Much easier to go the direct route and install/update it only once seeing as the "Trial" is included anyway.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI