vijay.gupta
Topic Starter
Hi all,
I already know VBScript and uses it for automation. Now, I want to automate some system admin tasks and come to know that can be done using WMI. When I searched on net for WMI resources to learn, then I come to know that it can also be done with the help of PowerShell which is a command prompt but I am still confused by the line that I read on the link below:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/514492/…dows-powershell
It says: PowerShell is a new command shell and scripting language for Windows.
Is PowerShell a separate language other than WMI?
I got this link also by which I got confused:
Introduction to WMI Basics with PowerShell Part 1
which one should I learn - WMI or PowerShell?
i already searched for this but I did not get the difference between the two (like what WMI was lacking that PowerShell can do)
I already know VBScript and uses it for automation. Now, I want to automate some system admin tasks and come to know that can be done using WMI. When I searched on net for WMI resources to learn, then I come to know that it can also be done with the help of PowerShell which is a command prompt but I am still confused by the line that I read on the link below:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/514492/…dows-powershell
It says: PowerShell is a new command shell and scripting language for Windows.
Is PowerShell a separate language other than WMI?
I got this link also by which I got confused:
Introduction to WMI Basics with PowerShell Part 1
which one should I learn - WMI or PowerShell?
i already searched for this but I did not get the difference between the two (like what WMI was lacking that PowerShell can do)