This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Static in certain videos [SOLVED]

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm running the latest version of Chrome, and Linux Mint LMDE for the operating system. About 2 months ago Chrome started saying that the flash player was out of date. I searched the internet for solutions and found out there was some sort of conflict in the pepper flash file. ~/.config/google-chrome/pepperflash The soulution was to delete the pepperflash folder. This indeed resolved the conflict and Chrome no longer says that the flash player is out of date, however now certain videos have a speckled static. All youtube videos have the static. The videos are watchable but the static is very annoying. I'm not the only one having this issue. I came across other posts describing the same problem but no solution were provided. Anyone have any ideas?
Firefox works just fine. No static what so ever. Since my original post I have updated from Chrome 24 to 25 and the problem is still there.
If the issue does not exist with other browsers, try running Chrome with default only settings and any/all plugins removed or at least disabled.

If the problem still persists, try seeking help at a specialized Chrome users forum.

Cheers,
Lee
Sorry, I don't use Chrome at all but as AceOfBlades said, if flash or shockwave need updating it might be a good idea to do so.

Adobe Flash is built into Chrome, there is no way to update it.

yes and no.

you can also disable the built in flash player and try the flash plugin.

all info at this link. :- http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/fla…gle-chrome.html

this may also help:- http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=138442

In Chrome put into the address bar: chrome://plugins/

At the top right click on details

Disable: pepflashplayer.dll
Disable: NPSWF32_11_3_300_265.dll

Leave enabled: gcswf32.dll

Close and relaunch Chrome.


but first thing i'd try is to uninstall chrome and delete the chrome folder in /home/your user name/.config/.
then make sure your mint os is up to date and then reinstall the latest version of chrome and see if the problems gone.

not forgetting to backup your bookmarks first if you don't want to lose them.

:popcorn:
If I disable the pepflashplayer then the videos stop playing all together. There is no NPSWF32_11_3_300_265.dll or gcswf32.dll I have also uninstalled Chrome and re-installed to no avail.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI