This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

CertifiedToolbar.com Virus [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all

I hope someone here can help me

I have this very annoying virus that will not go away. It keeps making my homepage this: http://search.certified-toolbar.com/?si=41…ue&tid=2937


I have tried AVG, Malwarebytes, Spybot, you name me I tried em! And nothing will get rid of it. I have tried manually setting homepage to www.google.com, but that doesn't work - when I close and re-open it defaults back to the certifiedtoolbar page.

anyone any ideas?

I;m running win 8 Pro. Don't really wanna format and do everything all over agai
Hello and Posted Image

My name is patndoris. I will be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. It will be very helpful if you follow these guidelines:
  • Malware logs are often lengthy and can take a lot of time to research and interpret. Please be patient while I review your logs.
  • Please note that there is no "Quick Fix" to modern malware infections and we may need to use several different approaches to get your system clean.
  • Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
  • Please follow my instructions carefully and in the order they are posted. You may also find it helpful to print out the instructions you receive.
  • Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications or delete anything without being directed to do so.
  • Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone. Please stick with me till you're given the "all clear".
  • Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
  • Please reply within 3 days. If I do not hear back from you in that time frame, I will post a reminder for you. Topics with no reply in 4 days are closed!

Many of our tools are not yet updated to run with Windows 8. Can you tell me what browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox) and I will try to assist you with your problem. This may be a bit of trial and error as I've not yet worked with Windows 8 for malware but I will do my best to assist you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI