This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

c_PsDRsDll not found

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello to everyone! I am Tommaso, Italian and live in Tokyo. I am new here and I would really appreciate help.

I am seeking help to solve an error message < Resource file not found! >

This forum is my last hope before I hang myself! (joke) - as Queen would say "I consider it a challenge before the whole human race and I'd never lose and I need to go on and on and on and on…". I am determined to solve this bugging problem as an evil machine/code alliance cannot defeat human determination and skills. Besides, I cannot re-install Windows (which some have suggested) so I really need to get on top of this problem.

Please help!

—————————————————————
Sony Vaio Laptop SZ1VP (7 yrs old but super happy) T2500 2.0GHz cpu and 2GB Ram
Win7 Ultimate 32/SP1 (originally WinXP), then Win Vista, then Win XP again, now Win 7 - every installation I formatted the HDD and installed a completely fresh OS etc so there are no OS conflicts.
Error occurs whenever I click the right mouse button, regardless of programmes/software running and once I click "ok" the relative contextual menu opens & everything works regularly. Only the control panel no longer works.
This error started appearing after installing a PC tuning software (bad, bad mistake to install it, now I know) 17 months ago.

I already tried to fix this bug by following these advices:
http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/resource-fi…sdll-not-found/
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums…8d-5cef03e8e322
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows…b2-4702f156c0ab
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/89415…-not-found.html
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi…31054514AAdz1vN
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-suppor…-not-found.html
http://www.teachexcel.com/winxp/winxp-help.php?i=41557
http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showthread.php?t=1980999
and, of course:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…100345&st=0

Nothing worked.

I then tried my own idea: to reinstall all the Sony drivers but I got stuck because Sony never published the Win7 drivers for my laptop. When I installed Win 7 the first time the Vista drivers worked perfectly (except for blue volum/brightness control buttons) and everything worked fine. After the problem came up, the same TPM drivers no longer worked/installed.

Before this error I also used an HP printer which continued to work but without the "HP Solution Centre" software. I recently bought a new HP printer (Photosmart 7520) and, again, it won't install the HP software correctly with/without TPM. I went through the whole list solutions posted in the links again, but again, nothing!

I am determined not to reinstall Win7 to solve this bugging problem, please help me. I have spent at least 10 times the amount of time that I would have if I re-installed Win 7 but this has become a technical challenge which I am determined to solve. Please, help me!

Tommaso

I am determined not to reinstall Win7 to solve this bugging problem, please help me. I have spent at least 10 times the amount of time that I would have if I re-installed Win 7 but this has become a technical challenge which I am determined to solve. Please, help me!


sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do a clean re-install of the os or at least try a repair install, no new idea's from me i'm afraid looks like you've tried nearly everything, including manually editing the registry key where most say the problem is caused.

:popcorn:
@Terry… Thanks for the reply. Many have suggested what you suggest. But there are 2 reasons why I won't do that: 1) As I already said we, humans, must be able to beat the code! I'm not clever enough to crack this nut, but there must be someone who is. I am just hoping to stimulate the interest of some smarter guy who, like me, never gives up… 2) Subsequent (Vista) driver re-installation, disabling the TPM from the Bios and removing the registry key that invokes it, all 3 solutions failed. Maybe a MS update modified when and where the OS looks for that particular hardware: removed it form the bios check list to some direct OS hardware check list as the new TPM chips probably carry some internal code to establish a relationship with the new OS. if that were to be the case then reinstalling the OS would not solve the problem. But, if that were to be the case, then there must be some way to delete that TPM chip from the OS's own hardware check list. What do you think?
to be honest i've no idea, not a regular windows user so am not very knowledgeable on the in's and out's of the os. but the place i'd start is running in safe mode and see if the problem is still there, if it's not then we can say the problem is caused by a program or service that only starts up when booted in normal mode, then it's just a case of elimination to find out exactly which startup program or service that's causing the problem. :popcorn:
Thanks. I had not thought of this test. I did and the problem was gone. Therefore it is NOT (as I thought) a problem connected to the pre-startup phase. I'll keep at it. I appreciate your help. I'll try to reinstall everything in safe mode.
glad to give you an idea on solving the problem, i'd stop all the start up items and then start them one at a time on each reboot to normal mode until the problem comes back, then i'd know it was the last item to start that's causing the problem. :popcorn:
Here is a decent guide to how to do this:

How does it behave if you boot to Safe Mode with Networking? If better then something is starting at boot that is causing the problem.

Advanced startup options - XP
Advanced startup options - Vista
Advanced startup options - Windows 7

Use msconfig to determine what is causing the problem

These are good tutorials on using msconfig in XP, Vista or Windows 7:
How to use msconfig in Windows XP
How to use msconfig in Windows Vista
How to use msconfig in Windows 7

Click on Start then Run, type msconfig and press Enter.
Click on the Startup tab, record what is currently starting then click the Disable All button.
Reboot and see if it runs better.
If yes then use msconfig to enable several items at a time till you find the culprit.

If no, start msconfig and click on the Services tab.
Check the Hide All Microsoft Services box, record what is currently starting then click the Disable All button.
Again, do a regular boot, see if it runs normal.
If yes then use msconfig to enable services till you find the culprit.

Once you've found the culprit, uninstall it or find out how to eliminate it from your system. Simply disabling it in msconfig is a temporary fix at best.
Enable everything else you disabled.
:clap: *** SOLVED *** :notworthy: YEAH !! YEAH ! YEAH ! ! :wavey: @Ztruker & terry1966 :thumbup: Thanks for the suggestion ! ! ! ! ! Thanks, a MILLION ! ! ! :yeah: I knew how to start-up in safe mode and I have done it many times before to solve other problems. I just never thought of using it to install drivers! Well, it so happens that this solved it! :woot: I deleted any program that had anything to do with HP, Infineon and TPM by using "programs & features" and then Windows Install Clean Up. Rebooted. For good measure I did a reg clean with CCCleaner. Rebooted. For double good measure I did a desktop search for anything containing "HP", "Hewelett", "infineon" & "TPM" - a few hundred files had been left over in hidden folders & system files… and many would not allow me to delete/rename etc. Even after taking ownership and being logged in as Administrator !!!! Rebooted in safe mode finally managed to change attributes/ownership and delete these left over files. Rebooted Run CCCleaner again, for good measure. Rebooted in safe mode Installed Infineon platform software 4.2 which is compatible with Win7 (downloaded from infineon website) and… :unsure: before restarting I prepared very carefully the fundamental IT geek tools: I crossed my left foot toes, a held a 4 leafs clover in my right hand, a small silver crucifix in my left, a voodoo doll looking directly at my laptop with a needle in its right eye, a dose of Salem Witch chicken leg 3% solution, a blue thread from Merlin's hat (don't use the silver threads), a spent silver bullet which had actually killed a vampire, a plastic figurine of Homer sitting on top of my laptop's screen and a picture of Jessica Rabbit in front of me with a votive candle burning in front… :unsure: I pressed "restart" and made a little prayer… :o And when I tried to click with my right button… :woot: it worked ! ! ! ! :D Tadh dah ! ! ! :woot: After so many months and so many forums I finally found the solution & solved the infamous < C_PsDRsDll not found > error! I hope that this post will help others in my situation :pullhair: ! But, a note of warning before using Salem's 3% solution and putting Homer astride make sure that you backup your registry and save it with the extension .wtf … just in case! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW I made it!!!! Thanks for the idea Terry1966 !! ! ! ! ! PS: Make sure that the Jessica rabbit picture is one where she's wearing the red sexy dress or this fix won't work! :P
glad you sorted it. :thumbup: think the blue thread from merlin's hat was over kill tho. ;) usually always works out the fix is a simple one, it's just finding where the problem is that is so frustrating. :D :popcorn:
I don't think the blue thread was overkill. I'm just amazed that the solution worked when you used "a spent silver bullet which had actually killed a vampire,…" You got totally ripped off by some shyster salesman. You can't kill a vampire with a silver bullet - you need to drive a wooden stake through their heart. What you really wanted was a spent silver bullet that had been used to slay a werewolf. It appears to me that you had so many bases covered that this one improper ingredient went unnoticed by the "evil machine\code alliance". :D
@ Tomk! dayam, you're right! I got so confused! I was so worked up that I didn't think it through! Of course: silver bullet - werewolf / wooden peg - vampire ! dayam this machine/code alliance! One way or another they either win or profit! Thank God that I didn't listen to the advice of adding a splinter of wood from Mikey Mouse - The Sorcer's apprentice's broom! Where on earth would have I found that!! They told me that the wooden broom splinter is used only in Window Vista cases…

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI