Hi, My PC has been running slow, so I ran a scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. (log is attached)
Maybe I have a hidden virus or malware which was not captured by this scan. I do not think My PC has a Virus, its just slow and sometimes freezes. OR maybe I should upgrade and buy new PC??
Currently my PC info: Pentium 4 2.39 GHz 2GB of RAM
My total Hard drive Space has: 38GB free space, and used 34BGโฆ
I have Systematic Endpoint Protection, Search and Destroy and MBAM has my anti-virus software
My name is patndoris. I will be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. It will be very helpful if you follow these guidelines:
Malware logs are often lengthy and can take a lot of time to research and interpret. Please be patient while I review your logs.
Please note that there is no "Quick Fix" to modern malware infections and we may need to use several different approaches to get your system clean.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
Please follow my instructions carefully and in the order they are posted. You may also find it helpful to print out the instructions you receive.
Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications or delete anything without being directed to do so.
Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone. Please stick with me till you're given the "all clear".
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
Please reply within 3 days. If I do not hear back from you in that time frame, I will post a reminder for you. Topics with no reply in 4 days are closed!
There are many reasons that a computer can be running slowly. I will be happy to help you take a look with a few other tools to see if malware is a problem or not.
Download and Run DDS by sUBs
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
DDS.com
DDS.pif
Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
Notepad will open with the results.
Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
Please read carefully and follow these steps. There is a difference between what you see in one of the images below and what I need you to do.
We are only creating a log - I do NOT want you to "cure" or try to fix anything in this step. It is very important that you don't choose Cure when presented with that option.
If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
Since different tools look in different places for malware, let's do one more scan to be on the safe side. I'm not seeing anything that's troublesome in your logs so far.
This scan make take awhile depending on how many items are on the computer. You may want to run it at a time you won't be needing the machine. It should be run from IE and I'd recommend not doing anything else while it's running.
Go here to run an online scannner from ESET.
Note:For browsers other than Internet Explorer, you will need to download and install esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe. Click on it and save the file to a convenient location. Double click on it to install and a new window will open.
Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
Click Start
When asked, allow the activex control to install
Click Start
Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
Click Scan
Wait for the scan to finish
Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\Eset\Eset Online Scanner\log.txt
Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic and also let me know how things are now.