This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Please help me with virus removal [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! I recently was being helped on here with this problem, but then I thought I wasn't getting answers any more. Than I realized I was forgetting to forward ahead to the current page. So I got timed out by the resulting delay. Sorry! Now that I learned my lesson, I won't do that again! So now, I'm ready to resume my efforts on trying to get my viruses removed - as long as there's anyone there who's willing to help me with it! Thanks. The tech helper had me use Combofix and wanted me to post the log. So I can do so for you, if you desire. He also recommended that I download malawarebytes. I tried to download Malawarebytes several times, so far, but each time, the downloading and installation process failed. Maybe it's because of viruses on my computer. So please let me know what to do next. Thanks.
Hi and welcome,

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Right-click and Run as Administrator dds to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt
———-

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

  • Right click and Run as Administrator the aswMBR icon to run it.
  • Click the Scan button to start scan.
  • If asked whether you would like to update the Avast virus database please do.
  • When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.

[external image: Posted Image]
Click the image to enlarge it
———-

Since you said you have already run ComboFix, please post that log as well. It should be located at C:\ComboFix.txt

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI