I got the google redirect virus on my computer again. I ran TDSSKiller and it found nothing. I ran a goored and it gave me this log:
========== GooredScan ==========
========== GooredLog ==========
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} [01:06 08/10/2009]
C:\Documents and Settings\Nashih\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\unz3zo6e.default\extensions\
{20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} [22:38 28/04/2010]
{81BF1D23-5F17-408D-AC6B-BD6DF7CAF670} [20:56 16/12/2011]
{E2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} [23:43 04/11/2009]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions]
"[removed]"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ff" [20:25 13/01/2010]
"[removed]"="C:\Program Files\fbphotozoom\fbphotozoom15.xpi" [04:21 25/03/2012]
-=E.O.F=-
My name is NoodleTech. I would be glad to assist you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
Please be aware that removing malware is not without risk and while unrecoverable damage to systems is rare, it can happen and may require a re-format and re-install of your operating system. Because of this it is a good idea to back-up anything important saved on your computer.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Do not delete anything unless instructed to.
DO NOT use tools such as ComboFix without supervision.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clean.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Failure to respond within 3 days will result in this topic being closed - If you need more time to complete the steps required, please let me know.
Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
When done, DDS.txt will open.
After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scrolling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and then click UPLOAD.
[external image: Posted Image]
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here.
Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan…click on NO.
[external image: Posted Image] Click the image to enlarge it
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)
Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in your reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to our sticky topic How to disable your security applications
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
[external image: Posted Image]
Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
[external image: Posted Image]
Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.
I cant get combofix to give me a log. I click on the link and it does the loadup screen where its say backup on the top and then when thats finished, nothing happens.
Hi mikej62,
Can you please boot your computer normally and run ComboFix again? Please post the log afterwards. I'd prefer if you cut and paste the log directly into your reply instead of attaching it. Thanks.
Can you please boot your computer normally and run ComboFix again? Please post the log afterwards. I'd prefer if you cut and paste the log directly into your reply instead of attaching it. Thanks.
I should mention that I got combofix to work so I didn't have to do it on Safe Mode. Should I run combofix again?