I was too scared to perform the Combofix step. So yes I disobeyed your orders. But, do not be disappointed though! The file that was suspicious to you, aka ed4.exe, was indeed found as an infection, specifically a dangerous Worm! I had my Service Pack 3 update, and done a scan with Microsoft S. E., yes I installed it, and I am sorry. What is ironic though, when Anti trojan elite was not running, I managed to use .exe setup files. After updating MSE as well, it performed a quick analyze that eventually recommended removal of ed4.exe. Per Microsoft, ed4.exe is a remote infection..
Update Adobe Reader
Earlier versions of Adobe Reader have known security flaws so it is recommended that you update your copy
Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
Remove ALL instances of Adobe Reader
Re-boot your computer if required.
Once ALL versions of Adobe Reader have been uninstalled, visit: <> and download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Make sure you uncheck Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional if prompted.
Alternative Option: after uninstalling Adobe Reader, you could try downloading and installing SlimPDF Reader from >here< SlimPDF Reader comes with no bloatware and loads extremely quickly.
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.
Updating Java:
Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 7 Update 5.
After the download completes, close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Double click the Java setup file you just downloaded and follow the prompts to begin the installation.
Now to Clean out the Java cache:
Go into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon. [external image: Posted Image]
Under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings… button
click the Delete Files button.
There are three options in the window to clear the cache - Leave all 3 Checked
Downloaded Applets
Downloaded Applications
Other Files
Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
Here are some tips to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:
Updates
It is very important that you keep your Operating System and applications up to date so that you will be less susceptible to malware.
It's a good idea to have Windows Update automatically download and install updates as they become available.
Secunia Online Software Inspector is a great tool that will tell you which of your applications are outdated and vulnerable to attack.
Run Anti-Virus Software
For an excellent list of free anti virus software, free online virus scanners, free spyware detection/removal and free firewalls, click here.
IMPORTANT! Please make sure you only have ONE firewall and ONE real-time antivirus installed on your system.
When using "on demand" scanners, first update the detection signature files, then disconnect from the internet and disable your resident security program before running the scan.
Once complete, remember to re-engage your resident security before going online.
Passwords
It is good security practice to change your passwords to all your online accounts on a fairly regular basis, this is especially true after an infection.
This is a good time to set up protection against further attacks. In light of your recent problem, I'm sure you'd like to avoid any future infections. Please read these well written articles:
How to Prevent Malware by miekiemoes
PC Safety and Security–What Do I Need?
Additional Software
To help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programs if you do not already have them:
SpywareBlaster prevents the installation of ActiveX-based malware, blocks cookies, and restricts the actions of "bad" sites. See tutorial here
MVPS HOSTS FILE replaces your current HOSTS file with one that will restrict known ad sites from serving you unsolicited advertisements.
Google Chrome is a great alternative to Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Follow these steps, keep your antivirus program and antispyware programs updated, and scan with them on a regular basis. By doing so, your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Hopefully this should take care of your problems! Good luck.
I will also delete Anti Trojan Elite.. It's the source of the problem. The infection I had in my computer had nothing to do with the problem I claimed to suffer. I uninstalled CF and will do the others.
Also, I just sweeped the Java cache and in general all the Java-related deletions. NoodleTech, in your professional view, or personal one, do you believe that updating the video driver from the Internet, solves this problem?