Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91867 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Block an ad on youtube

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 uchkur

uchkur

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

Anyone knows how to block this ad in the video?

It's weird, I think it is the only ad I have ever seen on youtube.

Edited by uchkur, 24 May 2012 - 07:24 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Anyone knows how to block this ad in the video?

It's weird, I think it is the only ad I have ever seen on youtube.

Ad? I don't see an ad. Just the tune without interruption.

However, I have seen many annoying ads on other youtube presentations.

Tell us more specifically about that which you are having difficulty.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 uchkur

uchkur

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

Ad? I don't see an ad.

something in your system probably blocks it
here it is
Posted Image

when i click on x it disappears but down there there's still a small arrow that can bring it back up
I DON'T WANT ANY OF THIS

:)

[edit] I managed to get rid off of it with the addblock add on and adding a fanboy's list filter subscription
however that seems to add a lot more stuff to the block list and I don't want that

need to find a way to block only this!

Edited by uchkur, 24 May 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#4 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

i don't see the ad either but then again i'm running firefox with adblock plus and the easylist filter installed. :D :popcorn: ooops just saw your edit, it's easy enough to disable the easylist filter and then just add your own custom filters on what you want to block.

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

I just tried the link on a machine I had just repaired.....( win XP Home with IE 8) I cannot see the add either..... I guess I must have done a good job on the repair! :rofl: :rofl:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 bytesofgold

bytesofgold

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

waht about any of this is supposed to be helpful to anyone, where are the details on your repair. i didnt know that those ads on youtube vidoes could be blocked and how please.

#7 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

what browser do you use?

he said what he did to stop the ad. ie. added the adblock plus add on to his firefox web browser.

watch the video here. http://adblockplus.org/en/

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 25 May 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#8 bytesofgold

bytesofgold

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

yeah, i have the latest version of internet explorer (9). i didnt consider the adblock for two reasons, i have ie9 and i thought there may be a way to use apps that ie9 already has or are related to windows. maybe something that was included in internet tools or security , or just the general options. The filter that was mentioned is that the most basic of ways that is provided in a browser, or do you need extras like adblock.

#9 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

now not having windows installed so no ie9 either, i can't verify this, but from what i understand you can add things you want to block, like ads by using it's inbuilt tracking protection list feature.

i think it's in tools, safety, and then tracking protection.

here are fanboys ad and tracking lists that you can add to ie9. :- http://www.fanboy.co.nz/ie.html

Edited by terry1966, 25 May 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#10 bytesofgold

bytesofgold

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

activex filtering and smart acreen filtering what do these do and how are they effective.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

axtivex filtering :- http://ie.microsoft....ring/About.html

smart screen filtering :- http://windows.micro...d-questions-IE9

#12 bytesofgold

bytesofgold

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

like in tracking protection is there a list of most commonly used activex controls or do you have to know the ones you want and dont want.

#13 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

ActiveX is a feature created by Microsoft for Windows operating systems which can be used by Developers and WebMasters who wish to provide special features to be available at their site. (sounds, animations, gaming interaction, testing scans, etc.) Some are "signed" and others may not be. Being signed does not necessarily make an ActiveX good, it only gives you additional information as to the source of the scripting. Not being "signed" does not necessarily mean that an ActiveX is bad. I suppose that there are ActiveX scripts that I commonly use, but they may not be the same as those you might decide to use simply because you may not browse to the same websites that I frequent. For instance, I frequently allow the ActiveX for the PCPitstop OverDrive Full Tests, and while millions of people use that site, many more millions have never even heard of it. Others I use include online scanning tools such as Crucial, ESET, Kaspersky, speedtest.net, etc. Similarly, some folks enjoy online website-based competative games which require ActiveX components to allow the user's machine to be modified by the website so that it has the necessary tools available to run that particular website's gaming applications. I'm not a gamer, and therefore would not immediately know if an ActiveX for a gaming site is safe. I would have to individually research it. Trivially... Pogo games are generally safe, but All Star Poker may not be. (and not just because of the risks of chance in the gaming activity) Similarly, the games of FunWebProducts(IWon) are quite common and even come pre-installed on some computers. However, many knowledgeable folks consider that publisher to be spyware Hundreds of thousands of developers have created website features specific to their own interest group and the presentation they wish to provide for their users. Each feature can be completely written from scratch by the developer, or can incorporate common features of general ActiveX scripting, or a combination of both original and borrowed. It is a buyer-beware/browser-beware world out there. Research the site and its offered features before allowing them to run on your machine.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#14 bytesofgold

bytesofgold

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

thank you to everyone that has been replying to my posts the info has been helpful and is always appreciated is there a way that you could find and identify activex, meaning are the activex scripts that are based on how good or how fast they make a web site operate or look. i watch alot of anime online, i dont know where to download them, that sometimes dont have the best quality video. would activex scripts fix this or it is based on the web player the site uses.

Edited by bytesofgold, 26 May 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#15 bytesofgold

bytesofgold

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

i tried adblock but it seems the extension only works for firefox, which is .xpi, is there there anything similar that can work for ie9?