also, not sure if this was related to previous problems, but i have been unable to install most new things, it says missing MSI package or something.
i am thinking specifically of my printer driver, but other things like an excel 2007 viewer and other things i have gotten that same error
The new OTL log is showing that you are now using IE6, go to windows updates and install all updates available.
Also it shows 2 antivirus running,Symantec and Kaspersky,please uninstall 1 of them.
okie dokie, i'll do it tonight but i swear it seems like most of the problems ive had with this computer over the last 8 years come after i try to click on the sheidl to update soemthing from windows.
Topic reopened at users request.
I do not think this is malware related anymore and I will be offline from tomorrow for about 10 days due to holiday.
I suggest you start a new topic outlining your problems in our Microsoft Windows forum and the techs there will be better able to solve your remaining issues.