Yes, sorry, I was sick, then the internet went down all night. I still cannot get Firefox to install. It starts to, goes through extracting, then asks me to sign in as administrator or current user. Like I had mentioned before, I never set up an administrator password on this computer so I can't log in that way. When I click on current user and tell it ok, it just disappears.
Then of course, there are all these programs we used to clean up the computer, sitting on the desktop plus that error message from ERUNT every time I reboot.
Thanks!
I hope you are feeling better. The reason you are getting the error messages is due to the UAC function that protects your system automatically.
Go to Start >> in the Start Search bar type Run >> when Run populates above select that. In the Run text box type msconfig and press OK Go to the Startup tab and then uncheck any ERUNT entry that you find. That should stop the error messages. To use it now you will only need to use it manually.
I am looking for why Firefox won't load. I will return as quick as I can.
OK, did that and have not rebooted, yet. I also uncecked a few other things such as Zune and google toolbar. I don't need those to start when I boot up the computer. I'll wait for your next response. Thanks !
Yes, it works fine and no error messages on bootup.
I found an earlier version of Firefox on the computer and tried to install that. I figured if it would install, I would be able to update it. Then I got a missing .dll file message that I had gotten before and forgot about. It's the xul.dll file and this error and missing dll appears to be quite common.
Go to Control Panel >> Programs and Features and uninstall all copies of Firefox on your system.
Download TFC to your desktop
Close any open windows.
Right-click and Run as Administrator the TFC icon to run the program
TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
Click the Start button to begin the process.
Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
The program should not take long to finish it's job
Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine,
if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean
Once you have rebooted…download a fresh copy of Firefox using Internet Explorer from the website here. Once downloaded to your computer, be sure to right-click and run as administrator to install. Let me know if that worked.
I'm here. I did as instructed and it appeared it was going to work. It initialized all the way this time and was about to launch when I got an error message. This one is different. But now it looks like it just tried to open without me trying the 3rd time. And it did open and went straight to Facebook. I think! Not sure if it is working properly or not, yet.
I am attaching the error.
Thank you!
The only google toolbar I can locate in add/remove programs is installed on Internet Explorer.
I notice I have 2 Firefox icons on the desktop. One is a shortcut and the other isn't. I am getting the error if I click the one that's a shortcut, not the regular one.
If you are only having problems with the shortcut than I would remove it as long as the other works properly. I don't even have shortcuts on my Desktop…I have all of those in the Quick Launch bar next to the Start orb.