This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Debugging a Web Site using Visual Studio

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Debugging a Web Site using Visual Studio I am studying a web site that caught my eye by making a test site privately. Since the original html and CSS and JavaScript code is on a Windows Server and since I am making a test version on a Linux server, there are issues with missing links because of case sensitivity. Anyway, this is he point. When I load the test website, I get an error message that some file cannot be found. Because of the size and all the connections and files, it is difficult to track down what file is missing or misnamed file. Now, I think there is a way to easily find out exactly what file is not found. I think there is a way to do this using Visual Studio test classes and projects. Am I right?
Interesting problem. I'm checking on it. Another tech may consult and have a better suggestion. Also: Possible legal issue…. Does the targeted website belong to you or to someone who has given you permission to scrap it? What software utility did you use when scrapping/saving the website information? Best Regards, Doug
Hi Zhang, First a question: what software are you using to get Visual Studio to work on Linux? Visual Studio doesn't really care about file name case though, so I don't think you'd have any luck there. Second, I believe we'd be more comfortable helping you if you give us a clear indication that you have received approval from the website author to copy his site to your own test server. I'm sure the author would be understanding - even flattered - if your motive is to study the site. Regards, Ax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI