bedbug
Topic Starter
Good morning, About a week ago I got up to find that my PC did not shut down after the last user. At the same time, I discovered that the fan on the power supply had quit spinning & could feel and smell that the power supply while still delivering power had overheated. I decided to log into windows and shut down the PC. The PC however did not shut down. but rebooted. This happened several times, so i turned the wall switch off. When I turned the wall switch back on and turned on the PC, same problem. I took the PC to get a new power supply and while I was at the repair shop we powered up the PC, logged into windows 7 and powered down. At the repair shop, it shut down as it should. When I got home, Several people used the PC, and when I got up this morning had the same problem- The PC will not shut down. I have rolled back the PC using system restore to five days before this problem, but the problems persists I tried to hibernate the PC but it only rebooted instead of shutting completely down. Does any one have any ideas about what to do? so far I just let the thing keep running, but while we are away and during storms, I power down everything.