This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Is it a virus, malware or a bad computer altogether? [Closed]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. This AM I turned on the computer and when it booted, I got the following box opened: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program C:\ProgramFiles\Motorola\MotoHelper\MotorHelperAgent.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please Contact the application's support team for more information. I was not able to to anything after I closed the window. I had a full load of icons on the desktop and could use the mouse, but nothing would open, not even after I did a cntrl/alt/delete. I rebooted my machine in Safe Mode with networking but cannot connect to the internet. Malwarebytes would not connect nor Microsoft Security Essentials will not connect to update. I am scanning with Malwarebytes to see if anything comes up, but nothing after 1 hr. 30 minutes. I am currently on my laptop with a direct LAN connection to my router. Thanks! Chief
Have you tried booting to the last Know Good Configuration?

As you boot up >> tap F8 repeatedly until an Option Menu appears >> arrow up to "Last Known Good Configuration" >> hit enter


If you tied that and still cannot boot normally > try removing the Motorola program that is giving the error,

if that still doesn't help > try a repair install

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI