Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Need help formatting and reinstalling OS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Phoenix Eterna

Phoenix Eterna

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Hello,

I was directed here by jeffce from the Safer Networking Forums

Here is a link back to my post there Here

Computer Brand: emachines
Model: ET1331G
Type: Desktop
CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X2 235e Processor 2.70 GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
Age: Not sure. Computer info says copyright 2009. However, I do believe he (my boyfriend) got it sometime in 2010.

As far as details of programs running. I do not recall. The issue with the fake anti-virus wannabe popping up (mentioned in my SNF post linked above) has happened more than once.
Usually, when it happened, I was visiting DeviantArt.com. In the past, I've had issues with that website, and had installed NoScript for Firefox. It worked for the LONGEST time, but then, the problem started occurring again.
I generally always used to use Firefox. We have two accounts on the desktop. My side, and my boyfriends. He uses Firefox as well.
I generally have mIRC running, however, the chat server I use it with doesn't allow sending of files (I don't think anyway) so, I know it didn't come from there.
My boyfriend usually has MSN messenger and AIM running on his side, and once in a while I have Yahoo and sometimes AIM running on mine.

Since posting on the Safer Networking Forums, I have tried not to use Firefox. The boyfriend has, and the same issue that happens to me on Opera, happens to him on Firefox now, where either browser will randomly open up many multiple tabs in a row.

As explained in my SNF post, we've tried system restoring, however, though we have the options back to do that, they don't solve anything.
I downloaded a free trial version of AVG the other night, ran a scan...however, it did nothing either. I do believe because the infection is so bad, and it stated removing whatever might cause issues. I no longer have AVG installed, as, last night we had to do another System Restore and it restored back to before I had it.
I've run AVG and Spybot, as you can see, I went to the Safer Networking Forums and was informed of a very nasty virus/infection.

And, as replied on there, we are looking for help in completely restoring the computer to "factory default" as the boyfriend has said.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:28 AM

Hi Phoenix Eterna,
Welcome to WTT :thumbup:

How to Restore My eMachine to Factory Without a Disc

Cheers,
Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.