I recently encountered the XP Security virus which was safely removed and I am left ith the ping.exe madness. As you know, my AVG did not recognize the virus and I am completing an Avast scan as I type:) I have attached a DDS log and Attach log. Please let me know anything I should be doing different or anything else I can do!
Thanks,
Jared
My name is NoodleTech. I would be glad to assist you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
Please be aware that removing malware is not without risk and while unrecoverable damage to systems is rare, it can happen and may require a re-format and re-install of your operating system. Because of this it is a good idea to back-up anything important saved on your computer.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Do not delete anything unless instructed to.
DO NOT use tools such as ComboFix without supervision.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clean.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Failure to respond within 3 days will result in this topic being closed - If you need more time to complete the steps required, please let me know.
Please download aswMBR.exe and save it to your desktop.
Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool. (Vista/Windows 7 users - right click to run as administrator)
Click Scan
Upon completion of the scan, click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review. Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well.
Hi Noodle Tech,
I do still need help, but the ping virus has disabled internet explorer so I did not see your reply until now. I am out of town for the holidays but I will run the log when I get back on Tuesday. I will have to find a second computer to get back to you. Thanks for getting back to me and I will give you a reply next week! Happy Holidaze:)
j4ster